switching to synthetic

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: switching to synthetic

Yes, Rotella oil is a fine oil also, I just lean towards the Dello because of its Base Stock, but they are very compareable.<br /><br />I hope we all know that this oil thing is really picking at straws most of the time. Sure there are differences, but they are minor. The differences between regular dino oil and synthetics arent, but between different brands of each they are. Some have a little more of this and some have a little more of that. They all will lubricate your engine and will cause no harm in any way as long as they have the specified rating that the manufacturer reccomends. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks LD. I use Rotella 15W40 in my diesels and was just wondering if it would be ok for gas engines also since I buy it 3 or 4 cases at a time.

crab bait

Captain

so lubedude.. what's the automobile oil do you use..??<br /><br />what's the ob oil..??

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, you did ask!<br /><br />I use the Series 3000 synthetic 5W-30 HDDO (Heavy Duty Diesel Oil) form Amsoil in my car and Pick-up, Mazda RX/7 and Ford Ranger 4 liter 4X4 Pick-up.<br /><br />I use the Synthetic. HP Injector oil fom Amsoil in my Boat, (glass) Bass Tracker 1800 SF, Merc 150.<br /><br />Yes, Im a Dealer, But if I didnt like it, I wouldnt use it or be a Dealer. I do not sell much oil, I am mostly a dealer so I can buy it wholesale for me and freinds and family.

Cadet

I ended up going with the mobil delvac 1 in my jeep.(also sold as mobil 1 truck and suv) It a 5w-40 and I have been really pleased with the way it runs. No leaks either! <br /><br />Thanks for all the info<br /><br />LubeDude, I checked out the BITOG fourms, great source of info about oil!

LubeDude

Admiral

Thanks for keeping us informed, Continue doing so.