swim platform for outboard

meals on reelsjello2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
would it be possible to make a swim platform for an outboard as long as there was a hole for the outboard to work through

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer
Re: swim platform for outboard

I have been thinking the same thing for a while now and personally I think it would work.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

How much room would you need to leave to raise the motor all the way? That would be quite a platform...

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

How much room would you need to leave to raise the motor all the way? That would be quite a platform...

What if you had a hinged portion that would fold up when the motor came up?

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Maybe hinge the entire platform to angle up with the engine? I can't think of a reason to be standing on it if the engine was raised anyway - you're either in shallow water already or...something.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I was thinking something like this. I don't think hinging the whole thing would work unless the deck was above the motor or split in two pieces.

Edit: I couldnt read what I wrote, the top part is the hinged section and the lower is the hole for the outboard. It would fold up like this __\_

deck.jpg

meals on reelsjello2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i was thinking that if both sides were solid and had the middle hinged to raise the moter i woul work... i was just wandering mainly about handling

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I was gonna do mine out of a metal frame so that I can weld it together and then either coat it in fiberglass or just put wood on it.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

it's going to interfere when you take off out of the hole unless it's way high, then it's just deck, not a swim platform.

meals on reelsjello2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

YOU COULD EVEN PUT PINK FOAM FLOATATIONUNDER THE SIDES TO MATCH THE HULL AND HAVE MORE DISPLACEMENT I.E. AD MORE WEIGHT ...oops just realised i was yelling sorry

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

I think it is a good idea, do you have access to a welder and some metal?

meals on reelsjello2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i was going to do mine out of 1/2 ply fiberglassed.and bolted to the side of the boat

meals on reelsjello2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

besides i need things to do ..im kinda retired...so i need things to do to keep out of trouble