SV1700 Console layout

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice
I am picking up a 2002 Sea Pro SV1700 next week and already shopping for electronics. Natural, right guys ?? It currently has an Eagle (unknown model) fish/depth finder and no vhf radio. I am probably going to put a Garmin 541s and a Standard Horizon or iCom vhf aboard. Questions: Will the vhf flush mount under the steering wheel centered over the access door or will I have to put it on top with the Garmin. Antennas: Angle mount a Shakespeare 4 foot Galaxie on the side of the CC or rail mount 36" SS whip above the windshield ??

Any thoughts on the Garmin ?? I'd like to go bigger, but $$$ is an issue. I would like to see some pictures of your console before I install my gear. Thanks................

bayrat126

Cadet
Re: SV1700 Console layout

My 170cc came with a Humminbird Wide Optic fish/depth finder with a small 2.5 X 3 inch screen. Installed a Standard Horizon CP180i color GPS chartplotter. Will take pics in near future when travel south to Tx coast. Graphics for GPS not overwhelming but are very accurate and unit has worked flawlessly. I still carry a small Magellan handheld for emegencies.