Suzuki DT75

FISHERMAN100

Cadet
Hi Folks, emailing from your friends in the U.K.

I have just got Suzuki DT75 for my Hardy Regatta, I am trying to find out as much as I can about this outboard before the spring arrives, the sticker on the engine says its a 1998 55.2 kw @ 5300 rpm, The SERIAL NUMBER IS 07501 - 861209, when I try to pull up any detailes, it shows DT 75 was not made in that year ??, any ideas. and just a small question on the front on the NA12s remote there is a small knob it just turns left or right any idea what this is for.
Best Regards to you all and have a great Christmas, Nick.:)

James R

Commander
Re: Suzuki DT75

Euro sold motors were not the same as those in the US. That's all I can tell you.
Brownspoint only lists the US sold motors. Your Local Suzuki dealer would be your best bet.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

You meed to do a better job on the link as it does not go to a site about Suzuki motors

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The knob on the front of the control box is very likely a throttle "friction" adjustment. It sets the amount of friction on the throttle/shift lever so you can adjust for the "feel" you desire. If it is set too loose you will need to hold the lever in position as it would simply back down by itself. If you set it too high the throttle will be difficult to push. Happiness is somewhere in between. I set my throttle friction a bit on the loose side as my hand is always on the throttle. Hand-off it will stay where it is set but in rough water it might jiggle itself down. It is a personal preference adjustment.

FISHERMAN100

Cadet

Hi 99yam40, go to www.ehow.co.uk put in how to decode a suzuki outboard serial number, scroll down to references, click on suzuki model and year identifacation, and it lists all euro suzuki outboards.

Hi Silvertip, Thanks for the info on friction adjustment, all clear now, cheers Nick.