Suzuki DF50 Water alarm

sjds

Cadet
Water alarm goes off intermittedly. Just replaced the exhaust temp sensor as suggested by a suz. dealer, but still have the problem. Water flow is fine, water is cool coming out of engine, not overheating. In an earlier post several people said it was most likely the exhaust sensor, but possibly the water sensor itself. Where is it and what is the part #?

jrepp

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DF50 Water alarm

According to the parts manual, both the engine cylinder and exhaust temperature sensors carry the same part number, 34830-87J00. Illustrations in the service manual, page 3-8, show that the cylinder head temperature sensor (thermistor type) is installed on the top side of the cylinder. The exhaust manifold temperature sensor is installed near the top of the exhaust manifold on the outside. It appears that both sensors are accessible with only the engine cover removed.

kiwiflya

Cadet

Hi guys, as far as i am concerned this sensor if a design fault of its era.
The new suzuki's dont have the exhaust manifold sensor.

I chased this problem myself till the cows came home spending close to $1000

I left the old sensor in the block but connected a new sensor to the wires from the computer (ecu) and just tucked it away.

I did this after computer diagnostics assured me that is was the gradient alarm that was going off. (had clocked up 38 gradient alarms)

Then i attached a multimeter to the sensor that was still in the block.

I monitor that sensor that way but will soon remove the monitoring once satisfied with the set up.

If the motor does get hot the CHT (cylinder head temp sensor) will go off anyways.

Hope this helps.

Brett73

Recruit

Hi guys, as far as i am concerned this sensor if a design fault of its era.
The new suzuki's dont have the exhaust manifold sensor.

I chased this problem myself till the cows came home spending close to $1000

I left the old sensor in the block but connected a new sensor to the wires from the computer (ecu) and just tucked it away.

I did this after computer diagnostics assured me that is was the gradient alarm that was going off. (had clocked up 38 gradient alarms)

Then i attached a multimeter to the sensor that was still in the block.

I monitor that sensor that way but will soon remove the monitoring once satisfied with the set up.

If the motor does get hot the CHT (cylinder head temp sensor) will go off anyways.

Hope this helps.
Hey blokes. I've got the same issue. Has anyone measured the temp of the block near the exhaust sensor? Mine is going off at 100c. I feel like that's hot. But just like you guys, I've spent plenty of time and money replacing impellor, thermo, water pressure valve, cleaning out the water passages.... And I've made exactly ZERO progress!! Getting grumpy as now!!