SUV Seat Replace or Repair.

mscher

Lieutenant
I have a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. The Interior is is great shape, with the exception of the driver seat bolster.

The fabric has finally started to wear through, since that is the point where the driver gets in and out.

Does anyone repair seats anymore, or are there any sources to buy OEM replacements, for less than an arm or leg?

It's my wife's work vehicle, so adding the cheapie slip covers, is not an option.

Thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: SUV Seat Replace or Repair.

Visit the largest car dealership in the area.... see the service manager or the used car manager and ask who does repairs. In this area we have a handful of traveling repair guys who come through every other week and do very good work.

OR

Price out an original OEM seat cover from nissan (not cheap but will work) and get yourself a set of hog nose clip pliers..... have fun.

KRS

Banned

Call a local boat shop and see who does upholstery.

If it were me I'd head to the junkyard and see if I can find a replacement in a wrecked vehicle.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

The interior guy at the local dealership can do a nice job pretty reasonably I've found. Just try to catch him alone and don't go through the dealer; they'll try to make something on it too, thus jacking up the cost.

--Stan