Survived Charley & Frances – Looking at Ivan

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, its 6:30 Sunday night. Wife and I are OK as well as sister, nephew, his wife and daughter and our daughter (8 1/2 months pg) and her husband, sister-in-law, and wife’s aunts and uncles in the central Florida area. House is OK, sister's, nephew's, and sister-in-law's houses. Boarded up the windows and don't plan to remove them till 2018. Well, I will keep them boarded until after we know what Ivan is going to do.<br /><br />Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Survived Charley & Frances – Looking at Ivan

Man o man yall have had a bad year.<br /><br />My brother had been living in Orlando for five years, just moved back to Houston last month. Never had a hurrican those entier 5 years. I guess you could say he was lucky.<br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

Jim, thanks for the good news! Glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods. Will be in your area the week of Thanksgiving, glad to know that it will still be there, at least as of right now!

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great to hear you and yours are safe. Watching the weather channel is showing some horrible video of all the damage. You didnt mention your boat? Lots of pics of boats half underwater, half onland, or floating away with noone on board.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Glad to know you and yours are safe.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Glad your doing fine. My wife and I watched on TV as Frances moved through. Our prayers were said for our Floridian friends. We found ourselves glued to the TV just about like it was when 9/ll happened. Just terrible.<br /><br />Wife is now having second thoughts on moving to Florida (Debary). I don't blame her, so we have been discussing about different states to move to.<br /><br />Hang in there Jim, we'll keep our prayers going.. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Not so much as a downed tree limb here, from what i can tell (the downed crap from Charley stills graces my back yard)---Figured big pieces are harder to blow-around than little pieces.<br /><br />But I guess I'll leave the shutters up, and the lawn furnature and garbage cans in the garage. Here comes Ivan. :rolleyes: