SUPERMAN HAS DIED

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Today marks another dark day for us all. Christopher Reeve has died. His couragous fight with being paralized did not stop his love of life. Farewell Superman, may we rember you with fond memories and good deeds. :( :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: SUPERMAN HAS DIED

As reported on the Christopher Reeve homepage.<br /><br />"October 10, 2004: Christopher Reeve Dies! It is with great sadness that we report that Christopher Reeve has died.<br />According to sources close to the actor, he died suddenly on Sunday. News of his death is just being reported publicly. His family will make an announcement today (Monday) at the earliest.<br />Reports are that he died while in coma after going into Cardiac Arrest on Sunday, October 10th.<br />Reeve was being treated at Northern Westchester Hospital for a pressure wound that he developed, a common complication for people with paralysis.<br />In the past week, the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection.<br />"On behalf of my entire family, I want to thank Northern Westchester Hospital for the excellent care they provided to my husband," Dana Reeve, his widow, said in a statement.<br />"I also want to thank his personal staff of nurses and aides, as well as the millions of fans from around the world who have supported and loved my husband over the years."

KaGee

Admiral

No one should have to endure what he and others like him have. I feel sympathy for his family. <br />However, personally, I did not care for Christopher Reeves, the person. I find it disgusting when people politicize personal tragedy of any sort.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sad to say the least. I reckon he was the best "Superman". <br />Ross

phatmanmike

Captain

let it be known that he died because of a infected bedsore.... something that could have been 110% prevented. damn dirty ba$tards<br /><br />super is dead.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by phatmanmike:<br /> let it be known that he died because of a infected bedsore.... something that could have been 110% prevented.
Hey Mike, <br />Not always the case. We lost Dad a year ago Sunday. The last month was really hard with the sores We were doing all we could, to no avail.<br /><br />The resident "Doc" on Fox News this morning said that this is a common cause of death among people of Chris's condition. They are given Antibiotics so often to fight the sores, eventually they no longer respond to treatment. He said from what he was told, Reeves' heart failure was caused by the infection.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. His strong spirit and determination to battle against the odds were very inspirational.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I remember the day Chris Reeve had his accident. I was in physical rehab learning how to walk again when I saw him on the news. The therapists were talking and said that he would never recover from that injury, and that his days were numbered. They said you never see an old quadriplegic, they die young. <br /><br />I had been feeling sorry for myself and my injured plight (drunk driver took me out) but seeing Reeves, I realized how much harder life could be. He helped me make the most of my situation.<br />Mark.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Amazing!! Small world, Mark! I too, was involved in a m/c accident, and did some major damage to my right leg and hand. The PT crew showed an actual tape of the news reports ,case studies and therapy of Mr Reeve's ordeal. I started putting my entire wieght of the leg that day.<br />He was a superman to me and many other people in my shoes, no doubt...<br /> A true inspiration!