Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Cadard

Cadet
Re: Sunrunner Owners

Hey Denebola,

I didn't know anything about soft keels, please tell me more. I just heard about liquid vs powdery hardeners in the fiber glass

jeffz0rz

Seaman

id like to see some pics of everyone's sun runner. still haven't found one even close to mine yet.

Brewman2

Recruit

Looks as if I'll be a proud owner of a 1986 310 Sun Bridge w/ Twin 305 mercruisers. It just has to pass survey for insurance. We should be on the dock in Tacoma, Wa around the first of June. Three of us from work decided to go in on it and we just finished a Sea Trial. She skimmed across the water, trimmed out nice. Temps, pressures, and rpms seem fine, no unusual sound or vibrations. Shifting was a little stiff, but she hasn't been out for about 3 years. She needs some attention, but thats what we do with our gals. By the end of summer, she will be tip top. I've been watching this boat for 3 years, now was the time to act.

IBPrince

Recruit

Congradulations Brewman2, hope you have a lot of fun with it. I am somewhat new to boating. I have had a 1988 235 Weekender for about 3 years now. Have not been out much the last two but plan to get out this year.

MattBla

Recruit

just bought a 1988 Sea Runner with a volvo 5.7 gl and a volvo penta duo prop. Interested in finding any online owner manuals in pdf form or buying a hard copy. Any ideas?

MakingWaves

Recruit

I am the proud owner of a 1988 sun-runner weekender 235 w/Volvo penta duo prop(I believe its a 290). Last year I installed a rebuilt Chevy 350, Laid new floor and carpet, got 2 new props, 2 new batteries, and a Garmin 541s. I am currently replacing the Goose neck and hose on the out drive the hose keeps slipping off of the original goose neck and I am getting overheating (without taking the whole thing apart but I don't have much room to work)-[Maybe it cant be done this way because any help?] . I need a new fresh water pump and I need to fix some wiring at the dash board. Can anyone help me with the wiring diagram and the Manuel for the Volvo penta duo prop 290? and any other help I can get......0/o thanks I hope to be in the water by 6/11/2011 I will keep you posted. gerardricot@gmail.com

Hotti

Recruit

Hi folks!

In 2003 i bought a Sunrunner 195CV and now I am about to make it fit for water. As I have very little experience I would appreciate every help that I can get!

Here is my first question: does anyone have an operating manual for the boat?

Tks for a replay

Hotti //

3djunky1

Cadet

150.jpg
[/IMG] hey guys just found a 1989 16.5 sunrunner for $1000.00 hull and trailer in good shape motor also in good shape its got a 3.0 mercruiser in it and a alpha one out drive.it needs a new floor and a few of the front upolstory boards needs to be replaced.vinly is in good shape.also has a bimini top on it thats good.i think it will need about $500.00 to $800.00 worth of work done to it. i will be doing all the work my self.oh and one other thing that i saw on the boat that needs is the shift bellow needs replacing.what do you think is the guy asking to much for it.

3djunky1

Cadet

151.jpg
[/IMG]
150.jpg
[/IMG] hey guys just found a 1989 16.5 sunrunner for $1000.00 hull and trailer in good shape motor also in good shape its got a 3.0 mercruiser in it and a alpha one out drive.it needs a new floor and a few of the front upolstory boards needs to be replaced.vinly is in good shape.also has a bimini top on it thats good.i think it will need about $500.00 to $800.00 worth of work done to it. i will be doing all the work my self.oh and one other thing that i saw on the boat that needs is the shift bellow needs replacing.what do you think is the guy asking to much for it.

rjarman

Recruit

Hey Everyone. 1989 Sunrunner 278 Classic with dual Volvo Penta and duo props. Glad I found the group!

Hotti

Recruit

Hi,

my Sunrunner 195CV and I live in Germany and it is impssoble to find any spareparts over here. Can anyone help, please???

Especially I am looking for seats and sunroof.

Any help or answer is highly appreciated.

sunrunner292

Recruit

i have a 1989 sunrunner ultra 292. want to know were the fuse panel was. i turned on the shower and blow a fuse and the power to the main switchs inside the boat do not work anymore. if you turn one the main switch the volt meter goes up but if you turn anything else on it drops to zero. i ran a new 12 volt wire form the battery to the panel and it works, but want to use factory wires. if anyone can help. thanks

Hi All,
I own a 1984 Sunrunner 230 SB (see pix) that I use fairly often in between Moriches Inlet, Shinnecock Bay and into the Peconic (just went to Shelter Island on a seven+ hour day cruise).
I've had the boat for almost three years and she runs very well except that lately I have noticed that the temperature is running higher than usual (I have the AQ231A SP V8 Volvo Penta unit with the freshwater cooling system and last weekend it was running consistently around 200 F with a water temperature of around 75 F) and it always has a slight list to port (despite setting the trim tabs properly, they work normally, I checked them when docked). The oil pressure fluctuates between 20 and 40 psi depending on temperature and RPM which seems to be within nominal values range.
The engine has approximately 1500 hours on it and I haven't changed the impeller for the last two seasons.
Besides these minor issues I couldn't be happier with the boat! built like an aircraft carrier and exceedingly fast for the size and powertrain (I regularly achieve 35 Mph on it).
The outdrives tend to kick up some times when you engage reverse but it's relatively easy to fix (push down on it with an oar and it will lock)...
Any insight on the heating issues will be appreciated!

Thanks

CRC

Attachments

• Copy2of_IMGP4663[1].jpg
    Copy2of_IMGP4663[1].jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP4659[1].jpg
    IMGP4659[1].jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00140.jpg
    IMG00140.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMGP4661.jpg
    IMGP4661.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi All,
I own a 1984 Sunrunner 230 SB (see pix) that I use fairly often in between Moriches Inlet, Shinnecock Bay and into the Peconic (just went to Shelter Island on a seven+ hour day cruise).
I've had the boat for almost three years and she runs very well except that lately I have noticed that the temperature is running higher than usual (I have the AQ231A SP V8 Volvo Penta unit with the freshwater cooling system and last weekend it was running consistently around 200 F with a water temperature of around 75 F) and it always has a slight list to port (despite setting the trim tabs properly, they work normally, I checked them when docked). The oil pressure fluctuates between 20 and 40 psi depending on temperature and RPM which seems to be within nominal values range.
The engine has approximately 1500 hours on it and I haven't changed the impeller for the last two seasons.
Besides these minor issues I couldn't be happier with the boat! built like an aircraft carrier and exceedingly fast for the size and powertrain (I regularly achieve 35 Mph on it).
The outdrives tend to kick up some times when you engage reverse but it's relatively easy to fix (push down on it with an oar and it will lock)...
Any insight on the heating issues will be appreciated!

Thanks

CRC

i have the same boat, a 85, in blue, I put in at newburg,on the hudson, have not learned about the sound yet, maybe we can hook up and you show me around . from where I am at, trailing it there or where ever doesn't mater much. walter.

Boats333

Recruit

Hello All

Just got an 86 Sun Runner 275. Boat is in perfect shape except motors! lol.

Currently has dual AQ 151 pentas. Would appreciate any feedback as to what motors i could potentially get that would "drop right in" to what i currently have.

Thanks and let me know if i left out any info you all may need!

Finetuch1

Recruit

Hi all Just picked up a 235wc and am new to boating all together. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good boat mechanic in central Ohio? I have severe wiring issues, and the boat has twin props on a volvo penta out-drive I need to know how they assemble back together. (was a basket case when purchased) links to exploded diagrams would be great) Thanks and this is a great fourm.

Status
Not open for further replies.