Sunbird CC 16' Question

markho

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone own a sunbird CC? I've been looking at one for my first boat. It comes with a 70hp johnson outboard. Its very clean and looks almost brand new. its very affordable as well. I'm just wondering if I should go for one of these or not as a beginners boat in the salt. Thanks for the input!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sunbird CC 16' Question

Marko, A 16' CC is a good introduction to boating. They are relatively seaworthy, carry a few folks and peform pretty well with modest power. I would stay out of the ocean, except if it is very calm. Also, inlets are often the most dangerous due to boat traffic and large waves.

markho

Seaman Apprentice

Chris1956 said:
Marko, A 16' CC is a good introduction to boating. They are relatively seaworthy, carry a few folks and peform pretty well with modest power. I would stay out of the ocean, except if it is very calm. Also, inlets are often the most dangerous due to boat traffic and large waves.

thanks for the reply. I have access to back bay fishing and plan on doing most of my fishing there, and making occasional runs out into the ocean on calm days. I was also wondering if there is anything specific i should be looking for in a boat of this class? Also, how fast do i expect this boat to go with that size motor?

markho

Seaman Apprentice

markho said:
Chris1956 said:

thanks for the reply. I have access to back bay fishing and plan on doing most of my fishing there, and making occasional runs out into the ocean on calm days. I was also wondering if there is anything specific i should be looking for in a boat of this class? Also, how fast do i expect this boat to go with that size motor?

here is a pic of the boat in question:

1685554_1_thumb.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the last year made was 1998 according to NADA boats. the 160CC is 17 ft, weighs 1387 lbs with engine. you should see about 35mph for wot.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Clean looking boat!

welcome aboard Markho!8)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Dam, good going Gary, is missed that.. Welcome to the University of Boating.

markho

Seaman Apprentice

tashasdaddy said:
the last year made was 1998 according to NADA boats. the 160CC is 17 ft, weighs 1387 lbs with engine. you should see about 35mph for wot.

thanks for the info! And thanks for welcoming me aboard. I'm a total newb and i'm still educating myself on boating. You said 35mph wot. What's wot? :$

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Wide Open Throttle,Hammered,to the floor,drive it like you stole it...LOL.)...Hey i help when i can!