Sun Tracker 22' DLX pontoon Fishing Replacing Tubes where to Buy ?

Brandi55

Recruit
Hi! I'm looking for some help! I have a 2019 Sun Tracker 22' DLX Fishing Barge Pontoon. We had a car hit us while towing home the boat. We decided we're going to repair the boat ourselves. However my problem I'm running into is. I need to replace both tubes/tunes/logs. I am located in Florida and can't seem to find a company who sells then that's not across the a dozen states. I have sent a couple emails to Sun tracker and have yet to get a response. Any suggestions on where I can buy them would be greatly appreciated.

ahicks

Captain
Is the damage something a good welder could handle? Here in Florida there are a lot of guys fabricating boats from scratch. When faced with the freight of bringing new tubes down from the north, plus the price, then adding in the time required to fasten the new tubes under the deck, you should have a pretty good budget available for a good welder to work with.

That said, the chance to update to large 'toons with lifting surfaces to help get the boat up out of the water at speed, would be something I would look forward to, and be willing to pay extra for!

Brandi55

Recruit
It's pretty bad! I don't think they are repairable. Trackers on back order and can't get them for 3-6++ months

Attachments

• IMG_6561.JPEG
    IMG_6561.JPEG
    892.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6563.JPEG
    IMG_6563.JPEG
    803.1 KB · Views: 29

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Totaled by insurance? Your insurance or the Road Warrior?

LundAngler1650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
A fabricator should be able to repair that no problem.

Make sure you check your trailer over very well, it took a huge impact. Last thing you need is the trailer failing at 70 mph on the hwy.
I showed the pics to a buddy of mine who is a fabricator, he said that isn't too bad a fix, so long as you don't mind cosmetically it will be noticeably different than the other side, with welds etc.
If you want to text with me about any questions, you may. I'll send you a pm with my cell phone number.
Whatever you do, hopefully it all works out well.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Does your buddy do brain and open heart surgery after looking at two photos on the Internet?

That tube is most likely done for without seeing it in person.

@Brandi55 - Let the Insurance take care of it. For your safety, it's not a good idea to respond to unsoliticited private messages or phone numbers.

Last edited:

LundAngler1650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
He just builds custom boats, repairs them, and builds many things. For me alone he has built a loading ramp, a custom trailer, volatile materials cabinet, work bench, and aluminum staircase. He has repaired dozens of boats, and I've referred several people to him myself, all were happy. I take recommending someone seriously, and he sure wouldn't be the guy fixing it from 5000 miles away, but talking to an actual expert who does this stuff for a living, sure beats the opinion of those who don't even know how to weld or fabricate a thing. I weld, I make basic things, but when I want it to look great and be professionally made, he is the only guy I will trust. If you don't like my offer to get her professional advice fine, but no reason to be a jerk about it.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Those toons are not salvageable. Even if a repair shop can make them leak proof, they will look like **** and possibly even affect performance.

I doubt that OEM tunes can be obtained from Sun Tracker. Even if they could be, the cost of parts and labor would likely exceed the value of the boat.

You should insist that your insurance company total the boat, and take your settlement. If the accident was not your fault, sue the person to replace the cost of a new boat.

Been there, done that. If they balk at paying you, politely insist.

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
I guess I'll chime in on this- If you're unable to get a decent settlement and you still want to fix it, try a boat salvage yard, sometimes a used pontoon boat with a broken engine and shot interior - goes pretty cheap , you could put the used toons on yours - just a thought

briangcc

Commander
Any junk yards in the area that have boats trashed from the deck up and the toons still in good shape? Or search local craigslist for used/project boats? Maybe even evilbay?

I ask as coming from the classic car scene, you need what we refer to as a parts car...or organ donor. Basically take the good toons off the trashed boat to fix yours and dispose/sell the rest.

And I gotta ask...why isn't insurance handling this? Seems like they should be getting this squared considering the age of the boat/trailer??