suggestions on Cuddy's

markvan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Are there any cuddy cabins in the 20 - 24ft range that are decent for fishing. Before my wife and I decide on a new boat we want to make sure we have a good look at whats out there. right now we are leaning towards a deck boat (Hurricane) seems to be about the best comprimise between something good for fishing, water sports, and room for the kids. We want something fairly big as the lake we are on can get very rough. any suggestions on Cuddy's as the ones i have seen it does not appear that you can fish of the front of them so half the boat is wasted becasue of the cuddy.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant
Re: suggestions on Cuddy's

The space in only wasted if you will never use the cabin. If that is the case then you have answered your own question.<br /><br />Have you considered a walk around type boat?

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

sounds to me like you should be looking at walkarounds if you are really interested in having sleeping quarters and doing everything else you mentioned. i love to fish off the bow of my boat. It's kind of a small version of a walkaround. There are many W/As to choose from in the 23 ft range.<br /><br />Otherwise, some center or dual consoles may do what you're looking for as well.<br /><br />pics of mine are on the homepage button

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

With the usual pleasure boat cuddys the designers try to give a big cabin, which can diminish the size of the cockpit -<br />
GS219RearStarboard.jpg
<br /><br />Whereas on the saltwater walkarounds they use a more compact cabin. Allowing for more room in the cockpit -<br />
b110.jpg
<br /><br />So the cockpit on the walkaround ends up a little bigger than "half the boat". But cockpit space is definitely an issue for fishing with the pleasure boats.<br /><br />Kelly Cook

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice boat, Steve. In a few years, that'll be the kind of thing I'm looking for, but maybe bigger ;) :D .

markvan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for all your input, I guess i didnt realize that the walk arounds were more suited to what i was after...........hadnt seen many of then before

swist

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I bought a ProLine 24 Walkaround 11 years ago because my kids were small and it had the deepest walkaround - it worked out great - the kids had the run of the boat and I had more peace of mind, plus we had 360 degree fishing access. And the cabin wasn't too shabby either. So what was compromised? - the cockpit is very small - the two seats almost touch. An obese person could never clear them to get to the cabin door.

BillP

Captain

I had a 20 Proline cuddy (not walkaround)for 10yrs and still kick myself for selling it. I'm now considering the 20 Proline walkaround as my next new rig.