Submersible pickup

dakotashooter2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Saw my first submersible truck last night. Or maybe not! Poor fellow managed to park his truck and trailer in about 10 feet of water. Made for nice loading lights when I came to the ramp. Heard a the swearing (and crying?)when I was on the lake but didn't know what was going on until I backed the trailer in and saw the headlites. At least he was considerate enough to park it on one side of the ramp so others could still load their boats. When I left they were trying to dive down and hook up chains by flashlight. I think they though they could pull it out with another guys diesel 4X4. Very doubtfull. Too much resistance/weight. Hope he has good insurance. One good thing about my new SUV, doors won't open till truck is in park. It's a good reminder to ALLWAYS use your emergency brake.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Submersible pickup

nah, a pickup is basically self bailing, just open the tailgate and open the doors. water will find its level as fast as the truck comes out of the water<br /><br />never underestimate the power of 4X4 Lo Lo gearing!

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Submersible pickup

check out my post---> Easiest way to launch a boat/pwc