Submerged Outboard

Harker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Submerged Outboard

I read where you should run 25:1 in them as soona s you get them started. My buddy lost a 7.5 Evinrude off the transom..it went in and pulled the tank with it. The tank floated it till he got ahold of it and pulled it up. The gas line let loose just as he grabbed the tiller. The duck hunting has SUCKED here this year!

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok so the motor was actually my buddy's and yes the fuel line held it but we're only talking a couple seconds or so and yes I think there was adrenalin involved because that 25 longshaft is not light, and he managed to wrastle it back into the boat
We think that a combination of the mounts wiggling loose a bit along with a thin coat of ice on the transom was the cause

I was in the front of the boat watching in shock as this all happened, total shock :eek: I couldn't even say anything, its a good thing my buddy was quick wheww
thanks again for the input men!

OptsyEagle

Lieutenant

I always have a small chain on my motor, connected to my boat, just for this particular event and to help deal with those who still feel that crime pays. Luckily I have not had any issues from either issue.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

We had issues around here last summer where guys on jet ski's would go around dropping the motors into the water, then coming back the next day with scuba gear to retrieve it. Sneaky little buggas! Could always rig up a little electrocution therapy for just that ! ;)

PS Im not actually reccomending that, that would be bad !

Trackbolt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

10-4 on the bolts. I always use a 3/8" ss bolt wl locknut through the transome and motor mount.