Stupid Human Post while Surfing Forum

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys and gals it has come to my attention in that in the past month we have gotten alot nastier in our post. And I will be the first to admit that have have put my fair share of stupid post on this forum. But to tell you the truth I liked this place better the old way. Where everybody got along and nobody made slanderous post against each other. We all were one happy family. Now it's getting hard to go any of the topics without someone offending someone. I think we all need to take a step back and look at where all of this is going. I rule we keep it civil. From what I have seen since all this has started that it does nothing but bring in more people who only want to cause problems. I think some people have come here to just in fact do that and not try to help anyone. :D This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Stupid Human Post while Surfing Forum

I agree, Troll.<br /><br />I may have started the wars by complaining about off topic threads and obnoxious posts. I think now that if the wars hadn't started we would be in a lot of trouble, with Admin5 banning several members.<br /><br />I am so sorry it went as far as it did. I say, "did" because I think it is over. Many of us suffered abuse, and I can't pretend it didn't hurt. :( <br /><br />We will continue to have some disagreements, and to deal with them, I hope, as gentlemen and ladies without insults and name calling.<br /><br />With rare exceptions (Capt. Solo?) that is how it was before. Admin5 has done a great job with and for us. :) <br /><br />As for the idea that some had that this is "my" forum I disclaim any authority and any power other than persuasion. I have asked Admin5 to change my "title" to one that doesn't contain any suggestion of power or authority. Waiting to see what he does about my suggestion. HE runs this forum. :)

dmessy

Chief Petty Officer

Have to agree JB/trollhole, posts have gotten somewhat personal. The # of posts doesn't make a person an expert by any means. I suggest dumping the # of posts (and the captain,admiral, etc. ratings) just like what was done with the member ratings(remember them ?)They are really of no use. Good info. is just that, the junk can be sorted out by the user(kinda like SPAM)<br />Lets just keep this an open,helpful and entertaining site ;)

Boatsrule

Seaman

Yeah; well, um-um, My keyboard can beat up your keyboard. :) <br /><br />It does seem silly at times the things that are said(written).<br /> Rob

SCO

Lieutenant

Good points. Took the wars to show some of us what not to do. I contributed to MM's idea of a leadership role by our esteemed peer. Sorry about that JB.

gonfishn

Commander

I think we all learned some lessons during the last few Weeks. Purple Hearts to all who were Wounded during all the salvos that were Fragged in your Direction.<br /><br /> Fill in the Foxholes and breath some fresh air for a change. Peace.............

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

I was not here for any of it....And by all means lets have some peace in silicon city.<br /><br />Hey JB....nice to punch some buttens at ya while nobodys launching scuds in your direction.<br /><br />I think they sould change your title to "Yoda" :D <br /><br />Derwood.<br /><br />P.S. Who's (captian solo)

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JB....dont be changing for us or because of us....I hope I speak for many here when I say we like you just the way you've been...personally, I am glad you care enough about this board to 'step up to the plate'.....an remember, the only 'power and persuasion' you have on this board, real or imagined, is offered by those who find value in what you say.....

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Could not agree more.<br /><br />I started 'Sloopy pushing limits' as I wanted to point out, that the bad attitude most likely would make some of the valued members stay away.<br /><br />I do not regret this topic although I would have liked better if I had not felt it neccessary.<br /><br />Personally I am not the resigning type but to be honest, I've kept out of the personalized attacks and their follow-ups. Not as much because I did not have an oppinion, as an attempt to starve the topic.<br /><br />As all who appreciates this place, I want it to get over this hurdle and become what it once was - One of The Webs Best Boards.<br /><br />Needles to say that I think all ya' good folks should keep on as before... we all agree on that, too!