Stupid Fish Trick

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Went fishing today to catch the last of the season. Well, I bought a new spinning reel yesterday and as I was slow motoring accross the lake, I let all the line off the new reel to straighten it out. Started reeling it in and found out I had a 1-1/2lb bass on an old broken back Rapala I hadn't used in years. Dumb bass didn't know I wasn't fishin'. Only fish I caught!<br /><br />Bad/good news - I think that while I was fishin, somebody was trying to steal one of my trailer wheels. Was making the 8 mile trip back home down the highway, and made my turn onto a side street. I started hearing, and feeling, this grinding noise. Got out to look and found my trailer wheel hanging on by one last lug, and it was half out! I eased up the road a bit to my friend's house before it came all the way off. The good news is I had a friend within a short distance and I didn't wipe out my lower unit dragging a one-wheeled trailer down the highway at 60mph.<br /><br />Dan

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Stupid Fish Trick

you supposed to let the line out without anything ties to it. That rapala probably ruined your new line already. DOHH! :eek: