Student tracking in California

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Student tracking in California

Well Pointer then I will check them out. Thanks for information.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Sorry for sidetracking your thread. :(

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

No problem. Good advice is always a good excuse. :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 <br /><br /><br />(02-16) 12:09 PST Sutter, Calif. (AP) --<br /><br /><br />The grade school that required students to wear radio frequency identification badges that can track their every move has ended the program because the company that developed the technology pulled out.<br /><br /><br />"I'm disappointed; that's about all I can say at this point," Earnie Graham, the superintendent and principal of Brittan Elementary School in Sutter, said Tuesday night. "I think I let my staff down. Nobody on this campus knows every student."<br /><br /><br />The badges, developed by Sutter-based technology company InCom Corp., were introduced on Jan. 18. The school board was set to talk about the controversial policy Tuesday night but tabled the discussion after InCom announced it was terminating its agreement.<br /><br /><br />"I'm not convinced it's over," parent Dawn Cantrall, who filed a complaint with the American Civil Liberties Union, told the (Marysville) Appeal-Democrat. "I'm happy for now that kids are not being tagged, but I'm still fighting to keep it out of our school system. It has to stop here."<br /><br /><br />The system was imposed, without parental input, by the school as a way to simplify attendance-taking and potentially reduce vandalism and improve student safety.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Today, in California.<br />Tommorrow, comming to a city near you!<br /><br />I'd tie it around a cat...sl

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

could we use those remote-controlled electro-shock dog training collars instead? ;) <br /><br />get ready, techies, opportunity will abound for black market modifications to personal rfids!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I'll let my kids wear it, if every person in government has to wear them too.<br /><br />I would like to keep track of the legislatures absence. :eek: <br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

The system was imposed, without parental input, by the school as a way to simplify attendance-taking and potentially reduce vandalism and improve student safety
How about an old fashioned headcount.<br /><br />If you're missing, you're in trouble. Period.<br /><br />Let's bring back truent officers. Equipped with stun guns.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> while watching the news last night it seems the experiment is going away for now. stand by it will be back.<br /> :)