Student tracking in California

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
SUTTER, Calif. (AP) - The only grade school in this rural town is requiring students to wear radio frequency identification badges that can track their every move. Some parents are outraged, fearing it will take away their children's privacy. <br /><br />Each student is required to wear identification cards around their necks with their picture, name and grade and a wireless transmitter that beams their ID number to a teacher's handheld computer when the child passes under an antenna posted above a classroom door.<br /><br />What do you think about this? :eek: <br /><br />Student tracking

ehenry

Commander
Re: Student tracking in California

If it was a requirement of the school my child would only wear it while at school during normal school hours. Any other time they could stick it where the sun dont shine.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like the beginning of the "mark of the Beast" <br /><br />16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their forheads. (all preceded by a mark around thy neck :eek: )<br /><br />17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.<br /><br />Revelations 13 ver 16-17<br /><br />Today it's around THEIR necks, tomorrow it's implanted under OUR skin.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Can't the teacher just look at the kids to see who is in the room?<br /><br />I guess it may help to automate attendance records, or if a substitute teacher were there.<br /><br />The whole rfid thing could get entirely out of control.<br />Could it be the mark of the beast?<br /><br />They are already in some of the products you buy.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> They are already in some of the products you buy.
Already available for sub dermal implant. It's being perfected in and encouraged for use in dogs. All it will take is some "compelling" reason for them to be used on us.<br /><br />And I daresay, with the accelerating de-Christianization of America, there won't be enough people familiar with Biblical prophesy to resist it.<br /><br />I've said it before and I'll say it again. The attack on Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with fairness, seperation of church and state, tolerance or any other of the reasons being given as an excuse to eliminate Christianity.( and I might add all being rapidly sucked up by the ah 'progressives' amongst us) It has everything to do with the slow march to doom.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Sounds like the beginning of the "mark of the Beast" <br /><br />16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their forheads. (all preceded by a mark around thy neck :eek: )<br /><br />17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.<br /><br />Revelations 13 ver 16-17<br /><br />Today it's around THEIR necks, tomorrow it's implanted under OUR skin.
Boomy, amazing, but it was my first impression also. However, there are MANY MANY MANY things being put in place to become a single system...we really have to be on our toes so that we will know when this thing starts to become a mandatory system, we can identify it and know that it is time to make a decision to either accept or deny acceptance. Denial will really be tough, because if one cannot buy nor sell, oen should undersand that it will mean not being able to buy food for their children, their animals, and it is a very far reaching impact. electronic funds will wliminate teh ability to have access to your money, but that isn't a problem since without teh system in your life you won't be able to earn income anyway...

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

the "beast"? yes... and the beast is us!<br />we are doing these things to ourselves folks,<br />it not demons controlling the minds of the<br />school system.<br /><br />how many of u have kids that have to pass through<br />metal detectors to get into school?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Next up: Fat monitors. They signal when the kid wolfs down a Milky Way or a Pepsi. $crew California!

Link

Rear Admiral

How many Safeway Club card holders do we have here?? Hmmmm<br />I know of at least one major Pizza chain here that won't even sell you a pizza without a valid phone number.. and this is in the store! Not phone in... Hmmmm<br />One World Goverment "UN" Hmmmm<br /><br />Just a thought<br />Time to go get what hairs left on my head cut :D <br /><br />Had to edit... forgot this was about tracking kids.. Hmmm leg chains should work! ;) <br /><br />Or maybe embedded stun gun and give the teacher the button! :)

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

Seems like a waste of money to me. I think the money could be spent better, like on more teachers or computers etc..

ndemge

Commander

Assume the reasoning is security....<br /><br />I'm all for good security at schools, but this isn't the best allocation for the $.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

What a complete waste of time and money.<br /><br />Is this so the parents and teachers can be lazy?<br /><br />Ken

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

rfid's are being placed in retail items now. You will not know they ar there unless you tear open the packaging, or open the seams of your clothes. One shoe company is putting them inside the sole of the shoe.<br /><br />They can be scanned as you walk through the door of a store, courthouse, or library. Anyplace they want to put an scanning device. Eventually, kmart will know which shoe is most popular with their customers.<br /><br />But it goes much further than that. Each pair of shoes has its own id.<br />So if you buy shoes at Walmart, the rfid will be scanned at the register and linked to the credit or debit card you used. Now those shoes can be linked to you and be used to track your comings and goings by recording where you go.<br /><br />Don't believe me? Check it out.<br />Some European countries already have rfid's in their paper money, so they can track it. The US is looking into it as well. But I believe the US will go cashless before it goes with rfid money.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> What a complete waste of time and money.<br /><br />Is this so the parents and teachers can be lazy?<br /><br />Ken
Hey Ken, can't blame this on the teachers. Nope, its not us trying to implement these kinds of things. Its above us.

Homerr

Commander

Over my dead body would they do something like that to my kids.<br /><br />I agree... what a waste of money.<br /><br />The teachers can get off their keesters and do their job identifying the old fashioned way... YOUR EYES!<br /><br /><br />Ahh yes... RFID.<br /><br />Go here and read all about it:<br /><br /> Spy Chip.com <br /><br /><br />H.

Xcusme

Commander

RFID's....that's why microwave ovens were made....<br />Nuke the shoes,sweater,jacket etc....poof RFID.

Homerr

Commander

Those little tags are tough little buggers. I'm not sure microwaves would do it.<br /><br />They are suppose to be resistant to all sorts of things (except maybe smashing them)<br /><br />The problem is finding them. They can be as small as a grain of sand.<br /><br />H.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Bassy,<br /><br />What is the driving force for this. Liability if a child is lost? I find this interesting as to why they feel the need to bring this stuff into the schools. They are being paid a royalty to try out the system? Something smells fishy here. I think that attendance can be taken fairly easily without putting electronic dog tags on the kids.<br /><br />Bassy, Do you have Horace Mann insurance? Good deal if you are a teacher and worried about liability. Great insurance for teachers.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I have no idea why this school feels the need to try something as outrageous as this. I don't know who is the driving force. This is the first I heard of it. I am outraged! I don't want to teach in a school like this. Now I do know there are some districts that have truancy problems(ditching and such). Could this be why? Really I don't know how this could be a solution. Too drastic I think.<br />As for Horace Mann insurance, no I don't. Since I'm considered parttime I purchase my own. When I did get benefits it was quite expensive. Those who think teachers get free benefits you are living in a fantasy world. The last time I checked for full coverage they were paying $500/month. Wow! That's terrible! And you get to pay the same amount as a family of 6. :eek: Yep. <br />So, I buy my own. But I will check into Horace Mann. Maybe I'm missing out on something. Thanks.<br />Bassy

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Bassy,<br /><br />This is car insurance and home insurance and the like. They are like Allstate but the specialize in working with teachers. I kind of chuckled when Ann said this insurance guy was comming over, and he in 1 hour saved me hundreds of dollars. car insurance for three cars with geico, $708 - Horace Mann $502 And as a teacher it gives you a free 1 million dollars liability if you are transporting a child and a 0 deductible if any vandalizm occurs while you are at school. Homeowners insurance was an even better deal. I can't say enough good about them, and you get a real live, breathing agent.<br /><br /><br />www.horacemann.com