FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can anyone tell me how to fix a striped port on the Tilt and trim pump base. I knew it was going to go but I had to try one more time. I have looked for the post but can't seem to find it.
OK I got a increasing adapter That will accept the original sized and is the next size up to go in the pump. I cannot find a Tap that will match the diameter and the thread of it. Does anyone know where I can get one? I did not go with a HeilCoil did not seem to match the threads of the original piece. But tell me I am wrong and I will get it.
What type of engine/year? I had the same problem on my 89 85hp force, had to send it out to a company that did a great job on machining it. Havent had the prob since.....I think it was about $150.00...
She is a 1990 90hp (906x90c) but the Trim/tilt Motor is off of a 85hp although I have not gotten the year yet. with that said all things should be the same.