Stringer tips and techniques...

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
P7040031-1.jpg

The backbone of the floor and not very easy to get on. I threw a 2x4 under the boat last week and found it decreases the effort in half. I don't like the end caps being loose though...anybody glue them and what's a good glue to use?

And do the rest of you have your stringers push upward into the tube as much as mine?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Stringer tips and techniques...

You can re glue with 2 part pvc glue, heavy duty cement, epoxy. Clean rubber ends well, glue back and place cap ends against floor with a small weight on other side so cap contour glues properly to alum side joiner end. It's imperative that end caps be properly glued or will start having abrassions issues and lately a hole where side joiners extremes touches tube contour.

Happy Boating

azzurro

Seaman

P7040031-1.jpg

The backbone of the floor and not very easy to get on. I threw a 2x4 under the boat last week and found it decreases the effort in half. I don't like the end caps being loose though...anybody glue them and what's a good glue to use?

And do the rest of you have your stringers push upward into the tube as much as mine?
Well, my first year I bent a stringer at the floor connection point. Too many jumps! And maybe sponsons not at 100% pressure.
You can picture the efforts to mount last summer. But I did.
Little bit soap & rubber hammer + sponsons low inflated + paddles down the floor while mounting.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

This is the ideal one piece long side joiners any large sib will want to have installed, forget all about hinge floor effect and bending issues at choppy seas, perfect floor rigidity at all floor lenght, outperforms any other standard 4 piece side joiners. Complete deflated sib, oars under floor, soapy water and patience are key to install one piece long side joiners :D

Centered glued patches protects side joiner's end caps against tube abrassion issues and keeps joiners's from traveling towards transom while boating, on larger sibs you could glue extra middle patches between transom and bow to tight better side joiners against middle tubes. Just need to have a top inflated sib to work as expected.

Happy Boating

Attachments

• 1 Piece Long Side Joiner.JPG
    1 Piece Long Side Joiner.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • Patch Reinforcements.JPG
    Patch Reinforcements.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Long Side Joiners.JPG
    Long Side Joiners.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • Long Side Joiners.JPG
    Long Side Joiners.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Marqui

Cadet

Where did you get those stringers?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

On larger sibs you get 4 pieces, 2 short, 2 long packed inside sib's carton, right. All side joiners which are one piece 6 mt long are factory cut to size to match XXX model floor. As we import factory direct not an issue having them conviniently cut to our sib size tech specs.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

soapy water and glued patches protects side joiner's end caps against tube abrasion

I like it...thanks Sea Rider. Your the man!! I had noticed the stringers went on better when everything was wet, never thought about soapy water for even more lubrication.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Soapy water is excellent for assembling vacuumed sibs just taken out of it's shipping carton, spray inside floor fabric edges, including bow wooden panel to slide and position itself properly against fabric; side joiners will slide much better when assembling lateral floors into groove, while sib is being inflated all assembling parts will slide and accommodate perfectly.

Happy Boating

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What a difference soapy water made...I always dreaded getting the stringers on, a project filled with curse words and at least one scraped bleeding finger/knuckle. I actually was able to snap them in place one handed. I had concerns it would make the deck slippery when wet but it didn't, and only once did I even see any soapy residue foaming up.

I owe you a beer Sea Rider.

Mlmg

Cadet

I have found 303 spray where the stringers works very well.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

What a difference soapy water made...I always dreaded getting the stringers on, a project filled with curse words and at least one scraped bleeding finger/knuckle. I actually was able to snap them in place one handed. I had concerns it would make the deck slippery when wet but it didn't, and only once did I even see any soapy residue foaming up.

I owe you a beer Sea Rider.

Pack Rat, nice to read it worked for you without all that assembly cursing and finger knuckle injuries, you always learn something new under trial, error and effort, drink that cold beer to votre sante in my name. Besides soapy water, you can use any other slipery product, but happens that soapy water is always at hand an the cheapest of all.

Happy Boating