Strike King "bleeding" hooks

raymondmoyer

Seaman
Hello everybody, I was wondering if anybody has tried any of strike kings baits with the " bleeding " red hooks. I have been expirementing with them for the passt couple of months, doing some side by side comparisons with the same bait using regular gamakatsu hooks. I don't know if it's just me but the red hooks do actually seem to get more bites than the regular black hooks. I was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with them, and maybe noticed any difference. Or is it just my mind playing tricks on me :D Thanks everybody I love this site. :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Strike King "bleeding" hooks

do u think MY wife will miss 1 bottle of red<br />nail polish? :p

suzuki115

Seaman

I catch and release everything I catch. When fishing for trout and stealhead I switch all my treble hooks to single hooks. I tried the red single hooks when the usual hooks I buy were not available. My first fishing excursion was so successful with the red hooks that I have never used anything else since. Who knows if it's the hooks or not, but I am not willing to take that chance. :D

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ive used red hooks alot after going to a tackle show and listening to a pro at the bass tank who swore by them.personally i think they truly do work better.they work well for crappie fishing with a minnow.as well as cat fishing in creeks and ponds.heve fished with dad brother in law and friends who all used the same bait or rig exept they used a standard hook.so far i have converted my dad when i out fished him by a good margin.(first time to outfish him ever so made a good selling point to him right there)yup i think its the hook. btw the red nail polish dont seem to do as well.

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great. Now I gotta go buy red hooks. :p

one more cast

Captain

A few years ago the RED hook was my secret weapon, I used them with night crawlers for walleyes. I ran out and couldn't find the same ones so I bought other hooks. Come to think of it I havn't caught as many fish since I stopped using them.I will get some more and do a comparison to see what happens.

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

The secret must already be out.<br />Just got back from the bait shop.<br />Paid $3.29 for a package of 10 size #4 hooks. <br />These were made by a company called Gamakatsu. <br />While it sounds Asian they are made in WA & GA.<br />They look like really nice hooks, but kinda expensive.<br />I'm going fishing tommorow (crappie as always) so I'll see if I notice any difference.

raymondmoyer

Seaman

Well I'm hooked one way or another. I seem to be catching more fish with the red hooks, so I got to go with them. Pop always told me stay with what works. :) Thanks guys :)

FLATHEAD

Captain

I tried em. Didn't notice much difference. I am "Hooked" on the gamakatsu hooks, don't think there is a shaper hook out there. <br /><br />I don't take much stock in anything a "fishing pro" has to say about a product at a fishing show. He would push peanut shells as bait if planters would pay enough.

raymondmoyer

Seaman

I too am a fan of gamakatsu hooks. Especially the circle hooks. There is nothing better for cat fishing :)

one more cast

Captain

I found a whole bunch of red hooks in my tackle box so it must be I didn't run out but rather just quit using them. I think they are just ,RED HOOKS, no more and no less.some days you catch alot of fish and some days you don't.

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just wish I could catch a fish.....

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

yuppers red is the way to go for 5 yrs now the vast majority of my hooks are red