Stressed Out

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Guys...I've been reading with intrest the "Mercey" story. It seems to me that some of ya' have become stressed out. What with the responsibility of answering boat and motor questions as acuratley as possible an all and then this certified wacko comes along and jerks everybodies chain so hard I could almost feel the mashing of teeth over my ol' puter. Well, I got the solution to the problem. Just say the small prayer below and I know your stress will leave you with a big smile.<br /><br />LORD!<br />GRANT me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pi$$ed me off.<br />AND also help me to be careful of the toes I step on today because they maybe attached to the a$$ I may have to kiss tomorrow.<br />HELP me to always give 100% at work, 12% on Monday, 23% on Tuesday, 40% on Wednesday, 20% on Thursday and 5% on Friday.<br />PLEASE help me to remember when I'm having a really bad day and it seems that people are trying to pi$$ me off that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend my middle finger and tell them to BITE ME!!<br /><br />AMEN<br /><br />OBJim :D

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: Stressed Out

Hello OutboardJim,<br />99.5% of it has been outstanding, clean, respectful debate. To the participants of the debate, void of arguement, it is entertainment. There has been very little personal attacks, if any. <br />My hat is off to these gentlemen.<br />Shoot, it's even more entertaining when you debate the merits of the unpopular or minority view.<br />If debate turns personal or is senseless aurguement, I'll back out of the trash talk.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hi Ya' Skinnywater....<br /><br />I didn't get involved in the debate with "mercey" cause the rest of the gents were doing just fine. I couldn't have added anything to what had be already said. I got in on the tale end after the post had been edited. That "Mercey" sure had a way of twisting words around. It was something to see a bunch of guys stand up like these guys did for what they belive in. But the more I read Mercey's comments, I printed out much of the psots, the more this guy ticks me off. Oh well....I'll just say the prayer and keep the body temp down.<br /><br />OBJim :D

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

bobber_md_clr_27188.gif
<br /><br />Comon Spring!

Skinnywater

Commander

Ahhhh yessss,<br />Last night as I was tapping out my opinions on the other threads. I won an ebay bid for a "Mint condition Fenwick EG59SM one piece spinning rod."<br /> A $95 rod when they made them. Got it for $18.<br />An hour later I won the bid($37)for a new Okuma AV50 to go on it. <br /><br />I'm gonna whup up on some Stripper this spring.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like some good buys there Skinnywater, time to get the old tackel box out and do some inventory. Last year went catfishing with the wife, did'nt have a single weight sinker, I use spinners mostly, so I gave her an ole key from my keychain (brass), she caught all the fish, crappie (sp). that is. So <br />I drank all the koolaid...(3).<br />
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

ebbtide176

Commander

i agree with you guys, and i just don't check in as often as i should. which is good, since alot of those kinds of topics are too much for most people, but good for everyone(if they can come away with more knowledge on the subject). <br />but i think it is hurtful for this place to get alot of those kinds of discussions going, yet good for some every once in a while...<br />IMHO<br />best of luck to all here :D

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Skinnywater, geez thanks for the new addiction…(ebay, registered now). <br />I agree with you ebb 100%. The majority here it would appear are on the same page as far as current events if not to the minute, which leads to the frustration, what is going to happen next, and when? At my place of employment I hear a man (ex marine) bet as to when the US will go to war. He bet before Christmas. What a jerk.<br />6,000 more troops being deployed as we speek now. Ok, I grasp from this we are getting somewhat serious, if not good exercise in transport and logistics. As to Sadam, he still thinks we are bluffing. <br />The UN inspectors it seems, are looking, and looking and looking. Perhaps as military might grows in the region more critical evidence will be released to the UN inspection team, it better, and it better be good (GW).<br />Now then, Korea using perfect timing says bomb, the big bomb, must have it or you (US, UK, Japan) have to pay us. Thanks Russia and China for all your help???<br /><br />
boiler_bursting_sw.gif

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I did not chime in on the last big Mercey round. I think the debate was healthy because it makes people really think about things instead of just following blindly.<br /><br />Mercey is hear to bait people and I am sure that Mercey gets a big kick out of getting the "Americans" to do tricks for him/her. The joke is on him/her. Thought provoking comments no matter how inflamatory make people think about their positions. That is a good thing. I see Mercey as a Foreign High School Student that has fun baiting the Americans after school. While we will never know, again it does not matter. <br /><br />Here is a good example of the Internet making debate and ideas flow between countries. There are all kinds of people in every country. One person or opinion does not make a country.

SCO

Lieutenant

Could be argued that we have a duty to debate these topics. Its good to hear views like Skinnywater's and Plywoody's, and hopefully good for them to hear views from a different point. On thing is for sure, you can fall off the beam to the right or the left. I for one am all discussed out for now.