Stratos 375 XF Prop...

ghoniba

Recruit
Hi Gang,

I recently purchased a used 2005 Stratos 375 XF boat with the 4 stroke Yamaha 115hp engine. Boat is in terrific shape. However, I just wondered if anyone knows the correct prop for this boat? I am having some trouble getting on plane. The previous owner had changed the prop and I am looking to get the correct prop for this boat motor combination.

I would be very grateful for any help or information.

Thank you, Glenn

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
This is what I get from the merc prop selector.
  • Boat type: Fiberglass Fish
  • Usage: Overall good performance/0 ft
  • Engine Manufacturer:
    Yamaha
  • Engine Type: Outboard
  • Engine Year: 2005
  • Number of Engines: One
  • Engine Family: Yamaha 4 Cyl 4-Stroke
  • Engine: F115 4-stroke
  • Drive / Gear Case: Yamaha 60-130 hp 2S, 75-115 hp 4S 2.15 Ratio
Details
  • Calculated Pitch: 19.40
  • Calculated Weight with engine(s): 2,882.40 lbs
  • Calculated Engine RPM: 5,500
  • Calculated Boat Speed: 42.62 mph

ghoniba

Recruit
Good morning Wes, thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Really much appreciate it. I have tried to dig up what I can for this boat. I was told by the previous owner that the prop that came with the boat is an aluminum 13 1/4" by 17. I also called Ranger boats (who now owns Stratos) and he told me it came with a (steel prop) 13 1/4" by 18! I then came across this old message, so now I am very confused!

>>I just purchased a new Stratos 375FX boat with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke motor. It was delivered with a 19 pitch prop and I had a great deal of trouble getting the boat to plane. They switched to a 17 and it was better but still had problems. They went down to a 15 and it does get me out better but I am running up to 6100rpm at top end and only getting about 34 mph.<<

Maybe a 16 if it exists! :) Do you think a steel (or OEM) prop makes a difference over aluminum?

Glenn

WesNewell

Chief Petty Officer
the specs I got on your boat puts dry weight at 1700# with a max load of 1200# and a 32 gal fuel tank and max hp at 135 hp. The above results were with a 600# load and 30 gal of fuel at sea level. Use the prop selector to get a rough idea of what pitch you want for your conditions. One of the major factors for performance at top end is the engines mounting height.Make sure the av plave is not below the bottom of the hull. Mounted too low can cost you up to 20% in speed and fuel efficiency. Make sure the boats flotation isn't water logged. I wouldn't think you'd need trim tabs, but they can get you on plan faster and at slower speeds. It's all a matter of what you want.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/propellers/selector/#!/step-one

ghoniba

Recruit
Thank you Wes, really appreciate your insight and taking the time to write.

Glenn

skuhleman

Seaman
Have you looked to see what pitch prop is on it right now? Also what is your max rpm and top speed GPS?