Straight from the horses mouth Houston

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Straight from the horses mouth Houston

The roads in Houston are truly pathetic. The roads in Bangkok were better (yes really).<br /><br />The 610 loop in Houston is in shambles on both east and west sides. Should be all finished in a year.<br /><br />You could move with me to Thailand, they have horrible traffic problems. Some traffic lights stay red for 5 minutes. :eek: <br /><br />How is your Thai?<br /><br />Ken

KennyKenCan

Commander

Sorry, the only Thai I know are "Mai Thai's"!<br /><br />And the reason why the lights stay red for so long is, that they have no progression or actuation, which means that they are set on timers, and no one has probably maintained them, so, they work like junk!<br /><br />I took the 610 from I-10 to I-45, and I thought it was a nice road, except of coarse, for the toll! But I do understand that alot of it is still under construction, I just didn't see any.<br /><br />My Motel was right along I-45 C/D roadway, just north of the 610.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If you paid a toll, that would have been the outer loop called the Hardy Toll way a.k.a. Beltway 8.<br /><br />The inner loop is the 610 loop.<br /><br />Houston is always under contstuction. I have two routes to work, and both have construction.<br /><br />The lights stay red for 5 minutes also because there is no where to go even if it turned green. The skytrain and subway have helped a lot there, but still just too many cars in one area.<br /><br />I have many times gotton out of the taxi and walked to my destination, much faster.<br /><br />I have also had to take a motorcycle taxi, and that is one really fun experience. Those guys are experts. The good ones even supply helmets.<br /><br /><br />Ken

KennyKenCan

Commander

What do I know KIZ, I'm from NY! The 610, The Beltway? Now that I think about it, it was the beltway that my motel was near, not the 610! KK took me on the 610 when we toured around the city.<br /><br />If its not a roadway in the northeast, I'm lost!!<br /><br />Good thing Texas is so big, or else I'd probably would have missed it! :D

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

97.5 has started to play as of noon yesterday sounds just like KLOL did but with out any DJ'S they have not started yet

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by dk990496:<br /> Hay I have a excuses i'm from Louisiana we add a “e” to every thing :D <br /><br />Actually I did not see that when I typed it
Does that make it Louisianae???? :p

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
Originally posted by dk990496:<br /> Hay I have a excuses i'm from Louisiana we add a “e” to every thing :D <br /><br />Actually I did not see that when I typed it
Does that make it Louisianae???? :p
yese nye thate woulde bee correcte

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

97.5 is playing some really good music now, lets hope they keep it up.<br /><br />No DJs and not too many commercials. Just lots of good R&R.<br /><br />Ken