Straight from the horses mouth Houston

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
Actually the deal is this....We start in Feb on 97.5...this signal is a little weak...so in April we move the new format over to 103.7 lock, stock and barrel....W&J in the morning...Jim Pruett mid day...Outlaw Dave in afternoons...new adult rock format<br /><br />-- <br />John Walton<br />Walton & Johnson Show

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Straight from the horses mouth Houston

Good news, where is the link to this info? Is it on the Walton & Johnson website?<br /><br />Ken

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

no i heard it on fox 26 last night and looked at there link and no word of it there so i e-maild John Walton and that was the reply back

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by dk990496:<br /> no i heard it on fox 26 last night and looked at there link and no word of it there so i e-mail John Walton and that was the reply back

LadyFish

Admiral

WOOOOHOOOO<br /><br />Glad to hear it, and its about time!!!!! :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I am not a big fan of Walton and Johnson, but they are better than the other idiots.<br /><br />Plus they are much more entertaining than Rush.<br /><br />Ken

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> I am not a big fan of Walton and Johnson, but they are better than the other idiots.<br /><br />Plus they are much more entertaining than Rush.<br /><br />Ken
Me neither just miss the good music especially after lessoning to 101 for so many years now the closes I can find is the BUZZ but to much rape for me

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> I am not a big fan of Walton and Johnson, but they are better than the other idiots.<br /><br />Plus they are much more entertaining than Rush.<br /><br />Ken
You cracked me up!!!! I bout dropped my lunch right outta my mouth laughing!!!! Your quote that made me laugh? "they are better than the OTHER idiots"....you crack me up dude!!!!

KennyKenCan

Commander

Is this a talk oriented radio or music?<br /><br />When I was down there in Sept., the only rock & roll station I could find was "The Arrow" 93.7.<br /><br />Houston could use more rock & roll!<br /><br />Sorry, I couldn't take all that C&W music.<br /><br />What do you want from a yank?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I consider all "funny" radio morning show hosts to be idiots.<br /><br />The stupid stunts and the stupid voices get on my nerves after a while.<br /><br />Some are just lesser idiots than the others.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

KKC, you are right there is not nearly enough rock and roll in Houston. I hate country music too.<br /><br />I finally got the XM radio turned on and I am loving it.<br /><br />Now I am driving another car, and have to listen to the Houston radio and it is really bad. Sadly, it used to be one of the best in the nation. 101 KLOL was great, after the lesbian freaks (stevens and pruitt) were done. 97 rock was good too, a long time ago.<br /><br />Now you have 93.7, 94.5, 96.5, and 106.9.<br />All garbage.<br /><br />Ken

KennyKenCan

Commander

kenimpzoom,<br /><br />First off, we gotta shorten your username! From now on I'm going to call you "kiz"! :D <br /><br />I only found 93.7 when I was there in Houston. It doesn't compare to the rock stations here in NY. Seems they only played songs from the "Approved List" of music.<br /><br />All the other stations in Houston seemed to have a little too much of a mix for my tastes. I cannot stand rap, and as soon as a station plays some, I never go back to that staion until they change.<br /><br />I don't hate C&W, its just I can't stand a steady diet of it, if you know what I mean.<br /><br />By the way, Houston was a great city, and I loved my time there. Now, if I could only find a good paying job there, I'd love to move there in a heartbeat!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

KIZ is fine. My screen name should be KenImpZoom, for Ken's Impala Zooms (Corny I know, but original screen name from when first logging onto internet.)<br /><br />I dont know if you have Clear Channel up there, but they own most of the radio in Houston. Hence the crap, no competition.<br /><br />If you work in the oilfield, space, or medial field, will will always find employment here in Houston.<br /><br />Ken

KennyKenCan

Commander

Unfortunatly for me KIZ, I'm in the Traffic Engineering field, and there is not alot of that kind of work down there, like there is here in New York City.<br /><br />But I do have to get out of NY, and quickly!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I knew it, I knew it. There had to be a reason for all this traffic.<br /><br />Now I know, it is because of the traffic engineer! You must work for the oil companies to have us stuck in traffic so we spend all our money on gas.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /><br />Just kidding! :D <br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Sorry, I couldn't take all that C&W music.<br />
Kenny,<br /><br /><br />I'm dissapointed.....I shared some of my best C&W with you...Gary Stewart and all my other TX stuff... :D <br /><br />oh well, next time we'll have you in boots and all!~

KennyKenCan

Commander

And yes KK, the music that you had me listen to was good, but...<br /><br />What can I say, I'm just an old time rock & roll fan!<br /><br />Like I said...<br /><br />
I don't hate C&W, its just I can't stand a steady diet of it, if you know what I mean.

aspeck

Staff member

Me neither just miss the good music ... but to much rape for me
How much is too much? I thought 1 RAPE was too much!<br /> :eek: :eek: :eek:

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hay I have a excuses i'm from Louisiana we add a “e” to every thing :D <br /><br />Actually I did not see that when I typed it

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey KIZ,<br /><br />I'm available to help Houston out with their traffic problems, all I need is an engineering firm that is willing to hire me, and the taxpayers have to be interested in making these road improvements.<br /><br />And Lord knows, Houstons roadways leave little to be desired. I was actually shocked by the poor conditions of I-10 and I-45. The Loop was nice though! I won't even mention the secondary roadways!