Storing a SIB in the heat?

ben1000

Cadet
Howdy...

I'd like to store my SIB deflated in its bag in my backyard shed. I'm in Phoenix, and the outside temp gets to 115 or so in the summer (like...today...) In the shed, it's likely another 10 or so higher with direct sunlight on the roof.

I know it's not good for PVC to be stored in sunlight, but how about indoors in a shed, but in the heat? Am I ok here, or do I need to find a temperature controlled solution?

Thanks...

Best,

Ben

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Storing a SIB in the heat?

I think it's fine. I keep mine in the garage (I also live in Phoenix), granted it doesn't get as hot in the garage, but I don't think the heat will hurt it. How hot do you think the rubber gets when you're using the boat? If it's a darker color, probably 150* + surface temp maybe, too hot to touch that's all I know. It's fine.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Storing a SIB in the heat?

If you have a proper indoor place or basement with less temperature much better, have seen relative new and inmaculate old sibs unglue due to being kept in high heat environments without proper ventilation, your sib could have come factory assembled with good quality or mediocre glues, time and heat will tell..

Happy Boating