storage costs where you live

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: storage costs where you live

Tom, I moor it in season, but do have a trailer....I don't store it at the marina....I know exactly what you are talking about with marina yard rules, they get to be a little over-bearing on some issues....It's like belonging to a HOA.....JK

Ron Everson

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Former sawmill warehouse just south of town has great indoor storage for $50.00 per month. Huge enclosed warehouse with concrete floors. Angled parking spaces long enough for the boat and pickup. Just back it in and drop it. Now I don't have to clean the snow off the boats, although we haven't had any in town yet this year. I do miss looking out the windows at the boats in the driveway, but my wife likes it better this way -she can park her car under the small boat canopy now.

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I think that I will buy a roll of the shrink wrap and do it myself. Keeping the mice out is my main goal. They can do more damage in less time than a.... well you know what I mean. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

rogerwa

Commander

For the winter season, Oct - April, I store mine (17ft Sea Ray) in a county fair building for $110/6 months..

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have heard of people sucessfully using large torch style heaters for this purpose. I also think that we would end up in the stupid human tricks section if not too bright or careful. :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool:

superchipy2k

Cadet

Since Katrina, storage sites are charging premium rates.
12X30 if available is over $300 per month:eek:

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

Up here in Northern Atlanta, I pay $65 a month for a covered storage spot (not fully enclosed) and if you don't want covered, it's $40. The problem with the covered is, you can only fit about a 19'-20' boat in there. It's a mile from the nearest ramp though and there are two gas stations about 60 yards away so it is quick.

Road Guy

Cadet

^- I need to find a new place then, I am paying $90 for paved covered storage, my trailer is 25' and I think that bumped me to the $90 range.

I am keeping mine on the I-85 side of Lake Lanier.(Atlanta)

dvan1901

Chief Petty Officer

Road Guy, I'm over in Acworth; different market over here...

Bill Adkins

Seaman

Our boat stays in the mountain town that our second home is in. It has cost maybe 200 bucks a year to wrap it and it stays in the yard next to the barn. Last year I built a 2 pole framework tied to and fro with a nylon straping and put a blue tarp over it tying it together beneath the boat trailer. It weathered the snow, rain and winds with no intrusion at all. The framework has to be tall enough to set the fall pretty steep, the snow just slides off with no problems. No more wrap for me, the tarp was 20 bucks and I used old 2/4's to frame it. Oh yes a staple gun was needed for the straps, already had it though.
Bill

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

What my yard looked like last year
PICT0013.jpg

Nandy

Commander

I check a few storage places next to Mountain Island Lake and it was $60.00, not covered, no power connections, no insurance, no cleaning, no garden house to clear it, no putin for you, in other words, just a space in a concrete slab. I was affraid to ask for the covered. In my case, it sits in the back of the house until season, then I move my SUV out and the boat stays in the garage.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

We keep our 4 (sometimes more, sometimes left - changes weekly) boats, 3 cars, and a whole bunch of other stuff under tarps in the yard. Luckily, our larger than average lot is completely wooded, and we have a large driveway in the back that goes to our shop, but even so, it can get a little hairy, specially since we always have at least one, usually 2 boats on blocks, so between them and their trailers, they take up double space.