Sticker residue removal

Hi,
I have just bought a old wizard boat (mid 1950's) will try to get a photo of it up soon. The last owner kept adding boat Reg. to the hull so there must be over 40 stickers on each side :eek:.I have the bulk of the stickers removed but the glue does not want to budge.what should I use to get this off?
thanks

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Re: Sticker residue removal

You can try that stuff called goof-off, which is sold at Walmart and Traget. It is made for this stuff. However, it doesn't always work on the tough stuff. If that doesn't work, go with gas or mineral spirits...those work every time.

Primitive Pete

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sticker residue removal

Goof Off works great, as does gas but they may affect the paint. Try Goo Gone sold at Home Depot or Lowe's. If that does not work, try Awsome, sold at The Dollar Store. If you do not have a Dollar Store in your area, click on this link, http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/ The Awsome web site can tell you where you can buy their products. I have used both and they work as advertised. The hard glue will become gummy and can be easily wiped off with paper towels. Both need to be washed with soap and water after glue removal as both leave a residue. These products will not hurt your paint.