sticker removal

qmrichardson

Seaman
I'm trying to remove my old sun-baked registration decals, but this is becoming quite time consuming. Any good recommendations out there? I'm working with a razor blade but don't want to scratch my boat too much if it can be helped... Thanks!

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: sticker removal

Get a 3M stripe removal wheel. It like a big eraser that mounts on your drill.

cr2k

Captain

That is a great way to do it. Next best would be heat gun and a plastic scraper.

Overnighter20

Seaman Apprentice

A hair dryer and putty knife, followed by a little acetone will do just fine.

skysurfer2010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Goof-off. You can find it at any hardware store. The stuff will turn decal glue into butter and doesn't harm gelcoat. Spray it on, let it soak for a few seconds, then they'll come off nice and easy. If the decals are extremely stubborn hit them with a heat gun (hair dryer will work ok too). I always keep a can of the stuff around.

Bucks45

Petty Officer 1st Class

Goof-off. You can find it at any hardware store. The stuff will turn decal glue into butter and doesn't harm gelcoat. Spray it on, let it soak for a few seconds, then they'll come off nice and easy. If the decals are extremely stubborn hit them with a heat gun (hair dryer will work ok too). I always keep a can of the stuff around.

+1..... Stuff works great and you can get it anywhere. I just used it to take my old ones off. Took less than 10 mins. to do both sides.

scorpionfs

Seaman

or you could do like sum of the others do if your old one is on good, just apply the new one in the same location no scratching or spraying lol good luck