Stern drive weight

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
204
How heavy is an SX outdrive? Since the boat has the extended swim platform (see below), I can't use the hoist I have in the garage to support the drive when I remove it for inspection. Is it something that can be removed/reinstalled by one person?
 

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
712
Re: Stern drive weight

They're not that heavy. Work close to the ground. Keep some old tires handy or a buddy to help. Drain it first, take the props off. Ours is a 290 Duoprop and I can carry it w/no problems. Just awkward that's all.
 

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
10,645
Re: Stern drive weight

How heavy is an SX outdrive? Since the boat has the extended swim platform (see below), I can't use the hoist I have in the garage to support the drive when I remove it for inspection. Is it something that can be removed/reinstalled by one person?
80 # or so........;)
 

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
204
Re: Stern drive weight

Thanks for the feedback! Now I just have to get an alignment tool!
 
Top