FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
i have 1961 40hp lark 3 evinrude. i also have a teleflex quick connect. are there any adapters out there that i can connect cable to engine? any help would be great. g
Yes, you need a cable support tube mounted to the splashwell, on a pivot, and a link from the cable end to the motor. Punch up the teleflex site and you should see what you need.
I rceognize that I am late to this party but since I did the same conversion, I wanted to share my experience. First, the other posters are dead-on with their recommendations for the transom clamp. However, the specific part to connect end of the cable with the telescopic ram to your motor probably will require something Teleflex calls a kit. It is their p/n SA27198/27199. When I checked on this for another forum member, Teleflex had them in stock. Have no idea about current price. If you would like to know more, I can send you a copy of the installation instructions I scanned and saved as a pdf file. Send me your email address via a forum Private Message and I will reply with it attached. FYI, I do not think Uflex makes a similar product. Good luck!