Starcraft patriot transducer question

erictye

Cadet
Hi folks,

just bought a Starcraft patriot 16 sc and looking to mount my transducer. Unfortunately this bracket is right in the way. I have 4” from prop to transducer if I go near center which Lowrance says is ok. I will be about 20” from center in the other side. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this scenario and looking for opinions.
1602947126375.jpeg

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Is that from a trim tab?

If it's just taking up space and you're set on that spot, perhaps you can rivet a piece of aluminum angle to it and mount the transducer to the angle.

erictye

Cadet
Is that from a trim tab?

If it's just taking up space and you're set on that spot, perhaps you can rivet a piece of aluminum angle to it and mount the transducer to the angle.
Thanks for the response. That’s a good idea. I’m not set on it per se, my concern is the transducer won’t work as it should too close or too far... I watch too much YouTube 😬.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
What is that bracket anyway? I see no purpose for it and would personally just remove it especially if it were in my way of mounting a transducer.

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
It looks like we are all trying to understand what the bracket is for, we are so curious. If not a trim tab, a small step of some kind?

Back to the original question, as long as you maintain the minimum from the prop, it shouldn't matter. At speed, you just need clean water to get depth. That said, if you are trolling with the motor I could see where that might cause an issue if to close.

SHSU

Torpp

Recruit
Hi folks,

just bought a Starcraft patriot 16 sc and looking to mount my transducer. Unfortunately this bracket is right in the way. I have 4” from prop to transducer if I go near center which Lowrance says is ok. I will be about 20” from center in the other side. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this scenario and looking for opinions.
View attachment 327346
Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldnt find this topic troubleshooting in google.

erictye

Cadet
Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldnt find this topic troubleshooting in google.
So I found out from the dealer that on the smaller boats they add these to act as a stabilizer. I was able to mount the plate over the angle and mount the transducer as well. Boat is tucked away right now but I will try and wiggle in this weekend and take some pics