Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Starcraft on clist!

No motor....Just throw a downrigger ball in the desired direction and retrieve when it hits bottom, 4 people required - repeat till your home.

WhidbeyBob

Cadet

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/2261029290.html

Talked to the guy...it's been out of the water for over a year. The inline six cylinder block is cracked and leaks water into the bilge but the guy ran it like that without problems for a couple of years. He said it did 50MPH the last time he had it out. Doesn't come with the kicker.

I've been looking for a project Starcraft cuddy but I was hoping to find one with a more functional drive train. This one maybe too broken for my pocketbook.

I'll poke around Clist for a motor or donor boat in between basketball games this weekend. If i can find a motor/donor boat cheap and this one is still available I'll talk to the guy again.

Later,
Bob

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Awesome boat for sure! I assume it's been painted based on the photos? Little $$$ considering the issues with the driveline, though, you are located on the left side of the map.

WhidbeyBob

Cadet

Not that it really matters but I didn't ask about the vintage. Any guesses?

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That green screams 60s to me. ????

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Need to have it run before purchase. Weather good here now to do that . Check oil any creamy color shows water in it. If block is cracked WHERE, if he knows. JB WELD can fix minor things if it is ok and just leaks a little. $2000 not a bad price with spring around here and the cost of boat things in this area. Be nice to have this in the water to test under a load on the motor. . Be worth a trip to look at if its in the Tacoma area . Just my thoughts . Pugetsound In Mt Vernon

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Kev. that looks like a big project boat, even with most of it covered. Just the bow and the top of the bow tells the tale.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Wow a V6 motor and a working I/O prob get both for about $750. To bad we live in the N-W KELLEY as that would sure be sweet in your Islander. Bet he would ship it for less than a trip to get it would cost.Cheer up It's only money and the way the world looks we might as well enjoy it for now. OR does that boat have a V8 Motor ? all the better.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

13 inch boat for $300. What a hoot! LOL

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey, he says partial trade for a 16 footer! Give em your SS and an extra $100 to seal the deal!

He might offer me the 2 Walker downrigers for my SS:D I wonder what kind of speeds he's getting with the V8 in there?