Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Gibbles

Commander
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Neat little boat!
I saw something like that around here, the guy had painted a face on the front of it...

closed off floor space = nogo for me though

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Is this a starcraft? Not familiar enough with pre 1960's to know. But eitherway its a pretty cool looking boat.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/3095207056.html

5N75Ef5F53Ee3G13Lec6m7b29ed37b41d176c.jpg

5I75Nc5H73Ie3F13L9c6m36a796f1c6a71122.jpg

That one is about 5 miles form my house. It looks like a Ski Champ. Check out the resto threads for the 57 Ski Champ Warflpacas did. Nice looking boat.

Any one serious about this one?

No more projects for me. Hmmm maybe finish the Scamp and then....no, no. I've got an 18' boat that needs attention.

Just looked at the price again. yikes! No thanks.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, been up before, tincanman posted it yesterday:

'77 chieftan 18'6" in earstern pa with newer power on ebay. I would say looking at the pics, transom/floors and well, anything that is wood needs replaced. Sarting bid at $500. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hard...pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item1c28f95d00#v4-39

Nice to see it almost doubled in price in 24hrs. Nice for the charity anyway, & it's still a bargain. Is this an add $250 to the purchase price auction? At $1000 + charity fee, it's still a good looking rig for low $:cool:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey JB - How come the "Free Boat Shopper" boats are so expensive? LOL The second one is newer and worth more. The first kinda sounds like a project just waiting to happen - two soft spots, seats and TnT work.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey JB - How come the "Free Boat Shopper" boats are so expensive? LOL

I know right..... Apparently, some SC owners think pretty highly of their boats.:eek: Like float-able gold sometimes....:facepalm:

Yeah, who'd have thunk it around this joint??:confused: <<<--- This is a perfect place for the 'Home Alone' kid's surprised look w/ his hands up on his cheeks....

Back to the grindstone, else I may have to let my tin go for $4 per 100lbs:redface:

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

love the boat ANd the setting.....it just shouts "perfect before pic"

nice '72 18SS in burque, a little overpriced http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/boa/3130135823.html

I will be watching this one and I sure hopw he gets it because that is about how much I will be asking...when I get a lower unit on it. The paint looks nice but the interior is pretty rough looking.

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Yup, that is the same SS from the ad above. Much less descriptive though...

bansheejoel

Cadet

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/3129129725.html

This is my islander did all the hard stuff already lol floor is out aluminum scrubbed clean as a whisle engine removed. Spent a lot of time tearing it apart to put a new floor transome and rebuild the engine but that's all the further I got. Must go all prices are obo and would be willing to sell the whole boat with title for $1400. This idiot payed $2300 for it last spring with a soft floor soft transom and engine with low compression (105)

Last edited:

North Beach

Commander

Astor - That might be a Ski Champ from the late 50's. Check the Brochures. I found the Ski Champ in the '58 brochure, looks like a possibility.

GA, That boat looks like it has sheet metal on the top. The 50's era Starcrafts all were topped off with plywood. Plus I'm pretty sure they didn't do the seat backs closed in to the sides like this one. But, it's still an awesome tinny...

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft on clist!

Re: Starcraft on clist!

nice work on that one. not sure i understand the glory holes in the bow though