Starcraft Back In Action

rockb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hopefully the pics wont make you folks in the northern latitudes too upset but took the Starcraft out today for the first real trip.

The spanish were supposed to be running but the sargassum weed was too thick in the pass to do any good. It kept fouling the lines but it was nice to see the boys jump for the rod when it would go ZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGG.

Starcraft.jpg

Here is the Owner enjoying the sunshine.
Owner.jpg

Here are the mates enjoying the water.
Mates.jpg

And finally me and the Bosun after I finished scrubbing off some of the 5 years worth of mildew off the sides and front deck.
CapBosun.jpg

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Starcraft Back In Action

You are really really Bad. Lol Enjoy what you have. nice boat

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

Been snowing last 2 mornings, and supposed to the next 2. Let's trade for a few weeks. Boats too, nice looking one.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Great pics..Wasnt too windy today and I should have been out myself!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Do you wait for the tide to rise or are you able to push that big baby out into deeper water??????? Realy a nice boat and you just let it sit for 4 years? more self control than I have. Outstanding weather send some to the north west OK?

dozerII

Admiral

Great photos, great boat and yes I am envious of the soft water you have, been snow storming here for a week.
Glen

Huron Angler

Admiral

Our water is slowly turning viscous again after a long, long winter. Thanks for reminding us what these boats are for:D

Great pics, welcome to the club:)

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome Pictures.. Just about another month or so here.. But way to rub it in, especially with the sandy beaches.

T

rockb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do you wait for the tide to rise or are you able to push that big baby out into deeper water??????? Realy a nice boat and you just let it sit for 4 years? more self control than I have. Outstanding weather send some to the north west OK?

My Uncle let it sit for 4 years. I only took me a little over a year to get it on the water. Most of that was trying to figure out how to get the engine off so I could replace the transom.

Usually I leave a boat floating and put out a bow and stern anchor. I forgot to put the second one in the boat so I had to put her on the beach that day. I have seen many people pull their big heavy glass boats up on the beach and forget about it all day as the tide is going out and barely be able to get it off the beach at the end of the day. We have a really small tidal range here.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Here on the west coast and the Pacific Ocean we get a plus 13 ft tide and down to 3foot minus. We have floating docks at the marimas so no problem. cant leave it unattended on a beach tho as tide and water movement is very strong. Im just waiting to see if our Salmon will glow in the dark with the radiation we may get . LOL wife said she wont eat any fish that comes out of the sound. Thats ok I can cook and a little bit of radation therapy might not be to bad. Ed

rockb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im just waiting to see if our Salmon will glow in the dark with the radiation we may get . LOL wife said she wont eat any fish that comes out of the sound.

I know what you mean. I don't care what .gov says about the affects of the oil on the sea life, I won't be eating anything out of the Gulf of Mexico for years.