Sta-Bil Ethonol Treatment

JB25VIP

Seaman
I hope this is the right forum...

whats everyones opinion on using the sta-bil ethonol treatment for gas nowadays......since most gas now has to around 10 percent ethonol in it. The bottle claims that it eliminate the rust caused by the ethonol........any users? complaints? opinions? anyone run it every tank?

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sta-Bil Ethonol Treatment

I use it all of the time...at only 1 oz. per 10 gallons of E-10, I consider it the cheapest 'insurance' that I can get!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sta-Bil Ethonol Treatment

My gosh, now E10 causes rust! Let's see, we have plastic fuel tanks. No rust there. E10 tolerant fuel lines, gaskets, and O-rings so they can't rust. The engine is aluminum as are the carbs and intake manifolds. So what the heck can rust? The crank and bearings are steel but they are covered in oil. E10 does not cause rust. E-85 which is the opposite (almost) of E10 is corrosive which is why it is trucked rather than piped. But that is also why vehicles that run E-85 have some fuel system component differences than their E10 counterparts. To answer your question though, Stabil is ok to use as is SeaFoam. It is not necessary to use it on a regular basis if the fuel you buy is used relatively quickly. If it isn't then by all means use a fuel system conditioner. Using it in every tank won't hurt anything and it is recommended for long term storage.