SPORT JET parts still available?

sippirat

Recruit
are parts still readily available for these 90 & 120 engines & pumps? rebuild kits etc?

i have the opportunity to buy a nice boat with a sport jet engine in pieces. not even sure if all of the engine parts are there. the pump is all there. before i buy it i want to make sure i will be able to get it on the water.

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: SPORT JET parts still available?

What I have run into is problems with parts on the early ones. The crankshaft and imput spline took a 13 spline and all newer ones took 15. I think that's the number but anyway, the lesser spline is no longer available. Also early ones had screw on impellers and later ones had splined. Screw on impellers are no more.

Lance

Cadet

I rebuilt my 1995 120hp in a bayliner jazz 4 years ago, and had no problems getting all the motor parts online. It was all new bearings, new pistons .010 over and gaskets. The local dealer was of no help.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

My $.02...pass and find a newer model with a Merc powerhead or go with a yamaha powered boat.

sippirat

Recruit

thanks guys. It was too good of a deal to pass on so I bought it. the boat is a long ways away from me and I have not seen it in person but the owner sent me tons of pics. the boat was abandoned at his storage facility and he just wanted it gone. the hull looks to be in great shape and the motor is in pieces in boxes. the pump is in tacked. it should be a fun project. I'll have a better idea of which way it will go once I take possession. a friend is working in this area and will tow it home for me around thanksgiving. hopefully all of the parts are there and nothing is cracked. if not I'm into this thing for penny's so I could always pick up a rebuilt motor.