sport jet 90 1995 wont run with water.

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys been awhile since i posted but I have a question.

My bayliner reflexx starts just fine without water. Let it run for about 10 15 seconds or so and slowly add water to the engine and it will shut down. then it cant be started anymore. turn off the water and let it dry out and it cranks up again.

Headgasket? i checked the compression on all the cylinders and they were within specs. but it does look like the plugs might be getting wet.

is there a rebuild kit? im just going to pull the motor so links would be helpful

Thanks!

emoney

Commander
Re: sport jet 90 1995 wont run with water.

I'm pretty sure there's an online manual that I've seen when I had my Sugar Sand but I can't remember where. I'm sure I just Googled it. Seems like I remember that there's no "rebuild kit" anymore but you can still order individual parts from a Merc dealer.

Novicaine

Recruit

Hey guys been awhile since i posted but I have a question.

My bayliner reflexx starts just fine without water. Let it run for about 10 15 seconds or so and slowly add water to the engine and it will shut down. then it cant be started anymore. turn off the water and let it dry out and it cranks up again.

Headgasket? i checked the compression on all the cylinders and they were within specs. but it does look like the plugs might be getting wet.

is there a rebuild kit? im just going to pull the motor so links would be helpful

Thanks!

Did you get this fixed? I have a similar problem and suspect my exhaust divider gasket (I have a new one ordered)... when the water is present, it would kill the engine. When I took apart the exhaust I could see rust under the gasket, which means water was getting under it.

Anders67

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1 Manifold gasket ( most probably)

2 Manifold

3 crack in block

Sometimes when turning it over with cooling whater on before turning over engine , it?s stop, becaurse whater getting in the cylinder ( and you can?t compress that) .