Sport Jet 175 - issue with stop circuit

rossman21

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 15, 2015
Messages
34
Getting no spark with the black/yellow connected. If I disconnect the black/yellow, the engine starts fine.

Where do I begin to troubleshoot this?
 

rossman21

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 15, 2015
Messages
34
Faztbullet - how do I test if it is the key or kill switch lanyard?

I have a multimeter and a DVA adapter - where do I begin to troubleshoot this issue?
 

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
15,938
I myself would start at the kill switch...it should read open with lanyard installed and closed when removed.
 

rossman21

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 15, 2015
Messages
34
Thank you Faztbullet!

I removed the lanyard kill switch and using the (sound) continuity selection my multimeter, found the kill switch no longer worked. Replaced it for $20 and that solved my problem.

Thank goodness the problem was not my neutral safety switch - it looks like my 1997 Sea Rayder's neutral safety switch is connected to the throttle and is basically impossible to get to.

Thanks Again!!!
 
Top