Sport jet 120hp cavitation

db407

Recruit
Recently purchased a bayliner jazz with the jet sport 120. Took it to the water this past weekend. Engine.runs well, but has been cursed with cavitation issues, from what I've read I need to reseal the.ride plate gasket as it's likely blowing exhaust games into the jet stream. I'm also planning on doing the poor man's fix on my wear ring and is has a couple grooves.

Is there anything else I should look into for my issue, I've discovered info on these particular motors and jet.drives is hard to come.by and parts are almost non existent as well.

Thank you!

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. Most common cause of this is usually the tolerance between the west ring and prop being out of acceptance. Either from a damaged prop or the west ring doing what its namesake suggests. It could also be the seal on the ride plate or even the intake grate or pump seal. Other things that may cause similar symptoms, may be a slipping coupling, but less likely and not sure about the particular coupling you have either. Won’t be the exhaust, I’d be nearly sure. That shouldn’t exit anywhere that could disturb the LP side of the pump.
Any of the jet skis I’ve ever had, I diy sealed up any interfacing or sealing surfaces with sikaflex. Many do this, to do away with any chance of agitation to the intake. There are hindering cavities that can be dealt with all around there otherwise. Make a huge difference. I went a little ott on a couple of my jet skis entirely. All these wee thing’s definitely make a difference overall. Managed to get just about 70 mph gps from a N/A Yamaha FXHO 160. Huge improvement over the 58 mph gps she did when standard form.