Sport Jet 120

ranman57

Recruit
1995 120 Hp Sport Jet

I'm getting water coming out of #4 cylinder, I am about to pull the engine and just wanted to know what your thoughts are.
I'm thinking its a blown exhaust gasket, or head gasket, anything else should I look for??

Thanks for any helpful advice.

Last edited:

ranman57

Recruit
Since I wrote this post I haven't had much response, so I have pulled the exhaust manifold.
Here is a pic but I can't tell if the gasket is blown or not, it does look kind of bad on the left side anybody have any answer?
Before I put any more money into gasket just need to know if it could be any thing else?
Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• Boat Engine.jpg
    Boat Engine.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6

GA_Boater

Staff member
SportJets are kind of rare here. Not too many owners in the forum.

Since the motor is an outboard motor, a worn lower crankshaft seal can allow water in the bottom cylinder. That's often accompanied with what we call steam cleaning and a clean spark plug - No carbon on the plug or piston. I can't tell by the picture.

ranman57

Recruit
Thanks for the input, I do have a clean spark plug and like I said water in #4 cylinder. So I'll look into the crankshaft seal, I know the boat is older but I have been running it for the last 4 or 5 years that way but want to try to get it running better,
Thanks again.