Spinning,VS, Baitcaster

FLATHEAD

Captain
Since there are no polls over in fishing I thought I would post one here. I was surprised reading a post how many use spinning gear for bass.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Spinning,VS, Baitcaster

Use baitcasting for all my fishing.<br />I even finesse fish with one. N/P

FLATHEAD

Captain

I am with ya Spinner. Baitcaster all the way.

SCO

Lieutenant

Baitcaster, but bought a cheap spincast on vacation and was impressed with the casting ability. Shimano Curado, garcia 5000 types previously.

ehenry

Commander

It really doesn't matter to me as long as I can get my bait, lure or whatever i'm fishing with in the water.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I know they are considered junk, but I only use spincast reels. I have tried the others, but decided I would rather have the hook in the water than fight rats nests. Never had the time to practice to get the others to work correctly.<br /><br />Ken

NOSLEEP

Commander

Don't fish for Bass, but I use only baitcasters<br />unless I am casting long distance with very small<br />jigs.<br />Abu Garcia is to a fisherman, what HarleyDavidson <br />is to a Biker.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I use both baitcaster and spinning reels.<br /> I found an old johnson spincaster attached to an old broken rod a couple of years ago along the bank, after alot of cleaning and oiling it has turned out to be my favourite reel :)

LubeDude

Admiral

I use baicasting almost all the time, but, I use spinning for skipping under docks, and worm fishing. I can let line out easier when I want to. and the skipping is obvious, no backlashes when you throw it hard to skip a bait.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

What are those? Does my Zebco 202 fit in one of those catagories? :) :) <br /><br />If not using a spincast I prefer a baitcast. I used to use a spinner all the time but grew tired of it, it always felt awkward when setting the hook and cranking hard.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I jist wanna go fishin'. :(

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I did use spinners almost exclusively until a friend let me use one of his baitcasters. After several backlashes, I actually started to like the baitcasters. Now I own about 50/50. Shimano Sedonna, Abu Garcia Ambassador 6500, and the baitcaster that won me over is a bass pro shops something or other.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

100% spin. Garcia/mitchell 300, 300xl, 306, 308.<br />still looking to pick up a nice 302 and 402 saltwater :)

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

90% baitcasters. Only use spinning to skip baits under docks, overhanging brush, etc.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NOSLEEP:<br /> Don't fish for Bass, but I use only baitcasters<br />unless I am casting long distance with very small<br />jigs.<br />Abu Garcia is to a fisherman, what HarleyDavidson <br />is to a Biker.
AMEN Brother,<br />I am with you all the way.<br />We don't have Bass up here, but the Salmon are much, much bigger :) :)

oddjob

Commander

What is the benefit of the baitcaster? sounds like everyone has a use for a spin reel(skippin, docks, overhangin trees,ahhh..where the fish be most of the time),.. but not everyone has a use for baitcaster. What are the advantages of a baitcaster over a spin reel. Maybe they are better for pulling up a big heavy fish offshore but a pain in the azz in bays and fresh water.