Spike / pin connected to rod that attackes to railing

jackrabbit66

Seaman
So the other day I went out on a fishing trip on a local head boat. My father-in-law took me and told me all the gear would be provided and not to bring anything. Well i got out there and the fishing reels they gave me to use was crap, The rod obviously hadnt seen a drop of lubrication in years. Not the worst but not nearly as smooth as the rod and reel I have, plus I just like using my own Stuff. So the rods they use have a pin connected to them just below the reel so you can attack the rod to the railing of the boat while changing bait, and getting your fish off the line without getting in everyones way. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find one of these pins or what their technical name is so i can find them online. I've attached some photos of the fish the two of us caught 52lbs of Trigger, vermilion, silver porgy, a few sea bass and one toro snapper . Also attached photo of an "clamp on oarlock" which is close to what i need except the one i need would have a brace like a reel does and the pin is 4" long. I've attached a drawling of what it should looks like. Thanks

Attachments

• photo300472.jpg
    photo300472.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo300473.png
    photo300473.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo300474.png
    photo300474.png
    139 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: