Spiderline or spiderwire

snowshoe

Seaman
Is SPIDERLINE the same as SPIDERWIRE?? The last roll of fusion I picked up a while back was spiderline. They have the same symbol of the spider reel on the black package. I didn't think much of it until I started to replace some line on a reel. They look the same so what's the deal with the name change? -- or is it a knock-off situation??? I had always bought SPIDERWIRE fusion before. The distributers are different. Last week I stopped at Wally's and got the real Spiderwire. Any of you folks got the real low-down on this spider name stuff????

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Spiderline or spiderwire

I've suggested others to this line before. <br />I was buying the Spiderwire EZ Mono 6lb and I am 'hooked' on this line ( :p ) <br />Others have suggested it sucks, but the ez mono is buy far the best line "I've" ever used. <br />It is very limp and very strong. <br /><br />I recently thought I'd try some Stren Premium Extra Strength mono(also 6lb). Hated it. Kept hanging up on the reel & kept it's shape(bad). I thought it was better because of it was a couple dollars more than the SpiderWire. Big mistake.<br /><br />I just ebayed some Stren MagnaThin (also 6lb) & thought I'd give that a shot. Will report back on that one, but for now, my money is on the spiderwire mono. <br /><br />Sorry I went off topic, but Barlow pretty much answered the question :)

snowshoe

Seaman

Checked the website and found that Spiderwire is marketing some of the fusion and mono lines as "Spiderline" while evidently you can still buy some items as "Spiderwire". It seems that it 6 of one and 1/2 doz of the other. Interesting!<br /><br />Snowshoe :rolleyes:

walleyehed

Admiral

What I thought possibly happened here was when sales of Berkley Fireline began to kick AZZ, Mitchell, I believe it was, had to do something, and I figured the name-change was to confuse consumers enough to get some of that buisness...???

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may be onto something walleye. I thought there was a difference in the two lines though.<br /><br />Since I love talking line (esp ultralight line) I thought I'd throw in I tried the fireline this weekend & it's a great line. <br />I bought the smoked color line. Looks awesome. Casts light lures very well. <br />While it's a black line it's very hard to see :)

snowshoe

Seaman

I have fireline on the ultralight (4#) and use it wallys. It does not seem to have the sense of touch that the spiderwire has (on medium light weigh rod). I think when the berkly stuff is done I'll go back to spiderwire in 4#. ;)