Spent my first night in my boat :)

James Bond

Seaman
It was a beautiful night....water was like glass, and the sky was crystal clear, the stars were so bright you couldn't even make out the big dipper, and they all reflected off the lake. The temperature was a little chilly though, and there were times the cuddy got a bit cold, so me and my girl had to warm it up a bit....if ya know what I mean! In the morning, the thick mist coming off the lake was pretty cool....but the entire boat was soaked because of the dew. Was a great night to be out on the lake though!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Spent my first night in my boat :)

Now that's life! Congrats to you and your girl. That's what living is all about!<br />Bassy

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Sounds good. Unfortunatly my boat is not accomodating in that manner (the sleeping part anyway), but it is something I would like to do someday...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Mr. Bond.<br /><br />Kick Arse! I love to spend the night on my boat and most of the time I have no idea where I will stay. Don't know about your okie weather but the morning dew is something you get used to and as long as you seal up the cabin you will stay dry. It usually burns off fairly quickly. Sounds crazy but check the water temp first thing. Something extremely satisfying about a 6am swim.<br /><br />I have a one burner alcohol stove for morning coffee and the more you do it the easier it gets. (The overnight thing, everything else you will need a different forum for. :D ) I have gone all year without using a marina. An anchor, depth alarm and gps alarm, and you are good to go. <br /><br />I hope you and your lady friend have many a wonderful evening on your new boat. ;)

James Bond

Seaman

It was a little chilly for a 6am swim, I probably would have if I brought towels to dry off with. The water was actually really warm, I was supprised. We did go for a 1:30am cruise though. Topped her out at about 53mph, and the water was so smooth, the only thing that you could feel was the vibration from the motor. I could share some other stories, but I don't think it would be very appropriate for this forum! Hahaha

karl smith

Cadet

Pointer94, what's a marina? Here in Idaho, I sleep on the boat all the time. Waking up at 2:30am to reel in a 6 ft. sturgeon. Zooming down the lake at 1:00am. Not the river at night, though. 6 ft. rapids are for the daytime.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It sure is great James. The wife and I spend every weekend on our boat. I have missed only one weekend this season. THis weekend will be the second mainly due to the severe storms we are having today and tonight. However we plan to spend tomorrow night in the cabin. <br /><br />When things are a bit chilly, the alchol stove does a fine job of warming up the cabin. I always find it amazing on how rough the water can be during the day, but at night it gets as smooth as glass. I get my best sleep on the boat. No trains, trucks, cars, hoopties, and loud neighbors. Fishing around the clock is a big bonus also. I just love it. I don't ever want to be without a boat with a cabin.<br /><br />Glad to hear you enjoy the excitment of life aboard. :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Way Cool James<br /><br />SS MAYFLOAT <br />In one marina I worked at (on the puget sound) come friday people would start comming from noon on and we would not see them again until Sunday afternoon. Like clock work.<br />Ive never spent the night in a boat (except for Bass fishing) <br />Plan to though in the futher

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I spent my share of nights on boats. Some nights were better than others for sure.

LadyFish

Admiral

The last time I spent a night on the boat, around 5:00 a.m. something was hovering over the boat like a UFO........<br /><br />it was a jet helicopter with the Coast Guard to rescue us.
4.gif

LadyFish

Admiral

Yes we did hayhauler. :rolleyes: <br /><br />The fuel pump went kaput and we spent 13 hours out there with 2 other couples. I will try and find the post we made about it for you.