Speedometer problem on a 1993 Alpha 1 outdrive

jeep8589

Cadet
I have a 1993 alpha 1 outdrive. I was boating and hit a stick that ended up finding its way into the section of the outdrive where the tube for the speedo threads into the out drive. It cracked the plastic piece that srews into the outdrive. I got a new one and replaced it. The speedo didnt work. So I unscrewed the plastic piece, connected an airline to it and the speedo showed a reading. The reading varied depending on the pressure. So I know the speedo works all the way to the plastic piece with the threads. Now what on the outdrive could be causing my speedo not to work. I have read a few posts and they talk about a hole in the front of the outdrive. There are two holes on the sides near the front that are open and clear. What could be the problem. Help would be greatly appreciated. If you have any pics of the hole in question you can email them to me at Jeep8589@yahoo.com.

tommays

Admiral
Re: Speedometer problem on a 1993 Alpha 1 outdrive

There is a small hole right in the front it may be cloged with wood or other stuff<br /><br /><br />You can try to blow it out from the spedo connection but may need to probe it or even turn a small drill bit buy HAND to clear it out<br /><br /><br />tommays

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Speedometer problem on a 1993 Alpha 1 outdrive

Hole A is for the speedometer.<br /><br />
Seedo%20hole%20AIG2.png