Spark plug wires

Captndrydock

Seaman
I want to replace the old hardened 45 year old plug wires on one of my Chrysler motors ('77 105 hp). I bought some 7mm solid copper wires, but they seemed to be slightly smaller than the original wires. They weren't tight in the distributor cap or the rubber piece inside. I noticed the unused rubber holes were tight, so perhaps the holes in the rubber have stretched over the years.

I'm thinking of getting some 8mm wires. They might be a good fit, but I might possibly have to widen the holes a little bit, it's hard to say just yet. Does that seem like a good plan? I was thinking of buying some Taylor tinned copper wires with pre-molded boots. If anyone has suggestions for another brand, I'd be interested.

Thanks,

Captndrydock

Seaman
I thought I'd follow up on this after getting the wires installed. Turns out the 8mm were just a bit too tight to get into the cap, so I drilled them out to a firm fit. I let the rubber piece stretch around the wires for a good tight fit. It all went together pretty well. I ended up using Taylor Pro TCW 8mm wires 70050. Different numbers for other colors.

Now to see if this ol 105 will start!

Attachments

• DSCN3743.JPG
    DSCN3743.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 3