Spare Stern Drive

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thank you both for your input. I figured they shouldn't look like that but was in denial hoping someone would say they were okay 😊.
Well now I know I need gears or another upper unit, well at least it isn't in the middle of boating season!

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

I looked at the clutch dog some more and the rotation I was getting on the prop when in gear appears to be the distance between the teeth on the clutch so I'm hoping that is normal but would feel better getting some expert feedback.

The longitudinal play I mentioned still has me baffled, I looked at the exploded view of the unit and don't see anything missing so what could be worn or not installed properly.

I can't find any information about whether the shift rod is adjustable or what adjustment should be done on this unit.

These are hopefully the only remaining items that will tell me about the condition of the lower unit, then after this I can plan on getting her top notch.

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Does anyone have any advice on the longitudinal play I mentioned? I have to wait for funds to get at least the seal kit.
Thanks in advance ☺️