Sourcing interior parts

NWARazorback

Recruit
I have searched high and low and cannot find a supplier for parts like the one pictured. It's a recessed panel for a trolling motor outlet. Any ideas who carries this type of thing?IMG_5157.JPEG

airshot

Rear Admiral
The plug itself should not ve a problem, however the black plastic mounting might very well be specific to that boat.

NWARazorback

Recruit
The plug itself should not ve a problem, however the black plastic mounting might very well be specific to that boat.
Yeah that's the problem, the plug is available everywhere but a source for the mounting is very hard to locate. No luck searching every way I can think of.

rollingSC

Recruit
If not boat salvage yards, then maybe if the boat is not rare, someone is privately engaged in the sale of spare parts of your boat, I would start with this

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It's a vacuum formed part. Most likely specific to boat builder. Make one out of fiberglass

airshot

Rear Admiral
From the looks in the pic, not sure the 90 degree angle is needed, just cut a piece of plastic into a rectangle and mount the plug with a water proof cap and be on your way. My TM plug has a cover that keeps water/ spray off the plug. Or, you could buy a small hatch to mount on a rectangular piece of plastic/ wood that fastens to the yellow dash, open the small hatch to acess the plug. I have one on my boat where the power cord come thru for the onboard charger. Lots of options, just how original does the owner want to be,.........

airshot

Rear Admiral
Or make up one from plexiglass and glue it together....again why not a flat piece of plastic, the inset is not really needed but can be added if you want

NWARazorback

Recruit
Or make up one from plexiglass and glue it together....again why not a flat piece of plastic, the inset is not really needed but can be added if you want
I've thought about a flat front like you describe, but I do like the recess. Seems like it keeps feet from hitting it as easily. But since I've switched to a remote controlled trolling motor that may not be an issue!