Sometimes, the summary information on posts are incorrect

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Not sure if anyone else noticed but sometimes the summary info is not accurate. The following two screenshot were taken 12:40 PM PST today. Not a big deal, just wanted to bring it to the admin's attention.

Forums.GIF Forums2.GIF

southkogs

Staff member
It's a weird techno-burp that's been happening from time to time. Goes right along with swapping avatars and not seeming to update posts from time to time. Seems pretty inconsistent. We're all kinda' hoping that an upgrade later this fall with solve all of it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
The listed ORDER the posts are in is accurate though. Just the shown last post may not be the most recent reply.

Yes, it can be confusing, and its 1 of a several dangling chads that we hope will be addressed in a new update this fall.

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It's a weird techno-burp that's been happening from time to time. Goes right along with swapping avatars and not seeming to update posts from time to time. Seems pretty inconsistent. We're all kinda' hoping that an upgrade later this fall with solve all of it.
OH NO!!
Another update??

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
No Title

Another update from the crack software developers at vBulletin?

Attachments

• photo227427.jpg
    photo227427.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member
This is an upgrade from xx.y to xx.z, so it isnt a major overhaul of the whole forum.

Some fine tuning or a little tweaking may be more accurate....

I hope w only minor fussiness, a little spit up and a good burp or 2 it'll go well :watermelon:

Your crack iboats mod and IT teams are hammering a test platform of the update now ;)

Its a ways off, so carry on the rest of the season

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Do it between thanksgiving and christmas when we are all distracted whatever you do absolutely do NOT do in jan or feb when internet boaters are really cranky anyway....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
OH NO!!
Another update??

Do you know how many updates since May 2014 have been virtually unnoticed? It's a coming update, not an upgrade, to add features and fixes.

On this particular bug, if a thread is in the list, it has a later post(s) than the next one in line. If this is the biggest leftover problem since the upgrade, I can live with it.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
This wasn't a problem or a complaint per se, I just wanted to report it so the IT team has visibility to it. Software making is my industry so maybe old habits die hard.

southkogs

Staff member
... and apparently I should have clarified: a third decimal upgrade, not a second decimal upgrade.

<< walks over to close the barn door now that the horses are out >> :doh: